Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet keen on Friday night clash with Stoke.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I think it would be a good move. If we can keep the Monday night game it will prevent our fixture pile up getting any worse.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
With you on this Hb&b, don't fancy driving virtually all day through crap Friday traffic tbh

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Argus:

Gus keen for match to be brought forward to Friday night to avoid fixture congestion. If moved it would enable the televised Monday night clash with Plymouth to go ahead as planned on February 21. If the cup game goes ahead as planned then the Seagulls will be facing 17 games in 2 months and one week "It would be a disaster" "We have got eight games in March and if we don't play against Plymouth we will have eight games in April" said Gus

'Although for our fans it would be much easier travelling on a Saturday morning than a Friday afternoon, everything has to be taken into consideration' Gus.

Argus notes that Stoke boss Tony Pulis may be receptive to the change as it would give Stoke more time to prepare for their trip to the Emirates on Tuesday February 22

Last edited:

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
"If game goes ahead as planned then the Seagulls will be facing 17 games in 2 months and one week"

...must be a massive difference to...

"If game can be moved to Friday then the Seagulls will be facing 17 games in 2 months, one week and one day"

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Port Vale are at home to Bradford on the Friday night so that could be a problem. I wouldn't mind it being on a Friday though.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
"If game goes ahead as planned then the Seagulls will be facing 17 games in 2 months and one week"

"If game can be moved to Friday then the Seagulls will be facing 17 games in 2 months, one week and one day"

I LOVE SARCASM :lol:

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls

Yeah!! Sorry, I missed a quote out, duly edited!!

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
that would mean we miss out on loads of money from Sky

Of course, i realise it's kinda in our interest.
I was just assuming that because we're in round 5 our league fixture for that weekend would be postponed automatically whether it's set to played on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday OR Monday.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Of course, i realise it's kinda in our interest.
I was just assuming that because we're in round 5 our league fixture for that weekend would be postponed automatically whether it's set to played on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday OR Monday.

I get ya, we have just won £90,000 for beating Watford, not sure how much Sky pay out for the Plymouth game

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Won't give a toss when its on.....worse draw we could have got.
1) Won't make any money out of it
2) Likely to lose
3) Shit ground
4 ) Ghastly oppo fans
5) Terrible record there....never got a point in god knows how many visits.
6) Horrible team to play against....big and physical and hammer you at set pieces.
Horrible, horrible draw...no reward...just the ultimate kick in the guts.
I ask you, Stoke...for Christs sake, poxy Stoke...hate it, hate it....can't stand them, their poxy town or their shit football.
Could have thrown my bottle of scotch thru the tv....frigging awful....indescribably terrible....and bloody Crawley get United!
What have we done to get Stoke......Orient get bloody Arsenal....what do we get...Pulis and his bloody were-wolves... cold, horrible, dismal Stoke...they should have condemned the place years ago.
The euphoria of Watford gone in a moment......no chance to savour a plum tie, just a horrible 3 weeks waiting for that shit to come round.
Roll on Orient.

Thimble Keegan

Remy LeBeau
Jul 7, 2003
Rustington, Littlehampton
Without trying to state the bleeding obvious, but is it not possible to move the Plymouth game back by 24 hours so therefore playing them on the Tuesday?...Then we would have a 'normal' Saturday-Tuesday-Saturday week.

Also, if what is stated above about Port Vale playing at home to Bradford is true then I will very much doubt the police will allow 2 matches and therefore 4 sets of fans (2 of which hate each other) mixing in the city centre in the afternoon/early evening.

Albion & England forever.

Thimble Keegan
Littlehampton BHA

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here