Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet: I'll go home

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
well, what did YOU say to the team last night????

Let me guess...... definitely not something like "Well played lads, great effort"

cross_eyed_ed

Sep 29, 2011
Let's face it, he's been on dodgy ground quote-wise since he came out with that "now I've managed Brighton I look forward to one day managing a big club" comment.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Not at all, you just sound like someone who knows the Championship very well. The fact is that even the so-called weaker teams and bookies' favourites to go down have some good players, and plenty of nous. If you're taking liberties or are well below par, you will lose.

I'd agree with that. It's clear that in this league even the top teams will be beaten by the lowest if they play at anything less than, say, 95% of their best. You just can't afford off days. Makes it exciting at least.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
If we play as poorly on Sunday as last night & if we are losing, say 2-0, I think that some of the crowd will turn on Gus/the team. I just don't think Gus is the sort of manager who needs the job (because of the money), or will take the hassle & I can see him flouncing off Monday am.

I hope this is not the case & even if we do lose (heaven forbid), that the manager sits down with the Chairman/back office staff to ascertain what is needed to get out of this rout.

Totally agree. But I do have a question - how long does the club allow the not wining run to go on? Doomsday senario is we loose against Barnsley, Saints, Cov and Derby ( on current form - likely) that will be 14 games without a win getting on for a quarter of the season......

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Doomsday senario is we loose against Barnsley, Saints, Cov and Derby ( on current form - likely)

I appreciate it's only a scenario but an aspiring mid table side would look at that and target 6 points wouldn't they? That'd do me (WLWL)

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
all we need is a decent performance and 3 points , in Gus i trust

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
I appreciate it's only a scenario but an aspiring mid table side would look at that and target 6 points wouldn't they? That'd do me (WLWL)

We'll beat Saints, that is the ridiculousness of football and the form guide. Seriously, we'll go there and they will be too confident...

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
We'll beat Saints, that is the ridiculousness of football and the form guide. Seriously, we'll go there and they will be too confident...

I wish I shared your confidence - 6 points would do me .. don't care where they come from or how we get them

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
agreed but currently on a 9 match winless run can we aspire to mid table finish ordinarily i would have thought beat barnsley, lose at Saints beat Cov hopeful point at derby. Currently cant see where we will get the next points from....

DBL

Banned
Sep 22, 2011
Lose at home against Barnsley........& there will be a chorus (admittedly a minority) of Gus out on Sunday. Sad but it will happen.

Totally agree. But I do have a question - how long does the club allow the not wining run to go on? Doomsday senario is we loose against Barnsley, Saints, Cov and Derby ( on current form - likely) that will be 14 games without a win getting on for a quarter of the season......

The way we have been playing over the last 9 games we haven't got a hope to expect anything other than 4 points at best over these games. If heaven forbid we lose at home to Barnsley & get beaten at Saints, I cannot see Gus being around to the end of November with a 13 game winless run. By then all but the staunchest of Poyets supporters will still have the faith

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove

No we won't, we'll get raped if we perform anything like last night. Saints are a class above.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
i want to know what sort of training/ physio regime is in place as it cant be right to lose a player before the game has kicked off, two games in a row, if there not fit dont take them.Iif they are fit tone down the warm up routine i would just like to start the game on sunday with the same players as on the team sheet

Aquilaugh

Jan 9, 2011
i want to know what sort of training/ physio regime is in place as it cant be right to lose a player before the game has kicked off, two games in a row, if there not fit dont take them.Iif they are fit tone down the warm up routine i would just like to start the game on sunday with the same players as on the team sheet

Oh dear

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Gus is learning. He doesn't have much Championship experience and there will be mistakes, dud signings, and tactics that backfire. Let's not kid ourselves that it will be an easy ride, this season or next, but we might as well strap ourselves in and enjoy it. It will take a while before Gus has a team of players capable of playing the way he wants, and getting results from it, but it will happen. Allow him the odd hissy fit, it's part of the deal.
.. are my thoughts.

Take some f***ing responsibility poyet its your team ffs

bet you couldn't wait to throw your hat into the ring eh? We're having a bad spell............that's all!!! He's allowed to have a dig at his own players if they're not doing what he's asked them to do.................u idiot.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here