Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hits out at Murrays agent

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I think Dougie Freedman is to be complimented for stating his opinion that this was a just a stunt by the agent, fair play to that man.

I have it on good authority that he is very much interested in Murray.

Would not be the first manager to deny a link to a rival player when in actual fact he is after him.

Being clever. How would it look to say 'Yes, we are trying to sign him' only to get turned down?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Have to admit I liked him as a player and as a manager he seems to be a decent bloke and not doing too bad a job given the resources available and the starting point. Mind you if Scunthorpe (the clue is in there somewhere) , Blades (how many dinosaurs can you employ to manage a club?) and Preston (lilywhites? more like lily livered this season until Brown arrived) weren't so abysmal he would be in the mire.

To be fair to Freedman would Palace be so far down the League if he had been there at the start of the season ? And for that matter would Scunny be where they are had they not lost Niggly Nigel to SCC ?

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent

Would not be the first manager to deny a link to a rival player when in actual fact he is after him.

Being clever. How would it look to say 'Yes, we are trying to sign him' only to get turned down?

If that were true Freedman would look a bit of a twat if Murray did sign for them. I prefer to blame the agent for trying to do a 'Rooney'. In truth I can't see Murray joining Palace unless he was offered a huge wage and long contract in any case.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

My suspicion is that he was interested in Murray until Murray's agent decided to turn the process into a very public, Dutch auction. I'd be surprised if he ended up there now.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In truth I can't see Murray joining Palace unless he was offered a huge wage and long contract in any case.

Hmmm

Well looking at the other Murray thread thats certainly been alluded to.

Besides does Poyet look a twat for saying Calderon will never play for us again before he then signed for us!

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Christ, here we bloody go again - OK, who is your supposed "good authority" then? Come on, spit it out, who is it? Put up or shut up, for once.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003

i'm very much interested in aquiring an Aston Martin, doesnt mean its likly to happen.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Christ, here we bloody go again - OK, who is your supposed "good authority" then? Come on, spit it out, who is it? Put up or shut up, for once.

Someone who has been right about quite a few things at the club over the last three or four years, including transfers.

And it is not any of the players.

Last edited:

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Someone who has been right about quite a few things at the club over the last two to three years, including transfers.

I would imagine there are a number of clubs following Muzza's contract talks with interest at present, Palace included. IF we cannot match Palace on the wages front it says either

(a) Gus does not see Glenn as our first choice striker next season,
(b) Palace are prepared to pay over the odds for his services, or
(c) Perhaps our budget is not as big as we believe it to be.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would imagine there are a number of clubs following Muzza's contract talks with interest at present, Palace included. IF we cannot match Palace on the wages front it says either

(a) Gus does not see Glenn as our first choice striker next season,
(b) Palace are prepared to pay over the odds for his services, or
(c) Perhaps our budget is not as big as we believe it to be.

Exactly. They would be MAD not to looking at him.

When did anyone ever believe a manager when it came to transfer rumours. Freedman would look a nob if he told everyone he was trying to sign someone from his rival team only to then get told where to stick - confirming what we all know, that Brighton are destined for bigger things than Palace.

I honestly think Murray will stay even if Palace offer him a bit more. He will certainly be getting a hefty pay rise anyway from us and is happy here. Fingers crossed.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Besides does Poyet look a twat for saying Calderon will never play for us again before he then signed for us!

Poyet could not look a twat if he he dressed up as Tinkerbell and roller-skated along the seafront backwards wih a live bat caught up in his hair.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Poyet could not look a twat if he he dressed up as Tinkerbell and roller-skated along the seafront backwards wih a live bat caught up in his hair.

This is true. But I was merely using a turn of phrase earlier when someone said Freedman would look a bit of a twat for denying interest in Murray then signing him.

Its no different to Poyet saying Calde will never play for us again. Couple of weeks later (or whatever) Calderon signs.

It happens all the time. Dont read too much into Freedmans denial.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Its no different to Poyet saying Calde will never play for us again. Couple of weeks later (or whatever) Calderon signs.

Calderon accepted an offer from Southampton, they subsequently weasled out of it (in character with the weasel they had as manager). Gus played Calde like a PIANO, and we got our man for another 3 years.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Calderon accepted an offer from Southampton, they subsequently weasled out of it (in character with the weasel they had as manager). Gus played Calde like a PIANO, and we got our man for another 3 years.

Have you considered a career as a spin doctor El Pres!!!! I fear you would be rather good!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here