Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet hits out at Murrays agent

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Gus gets even better!!

Argus:

Gus Poyet believes Glen Murrays representative made a 'massive mistake' by linking the 21 goal goal marksman with Albions arch rivals Crystal Palace.

Palace chief Dougie Freedman dismissed reports claiming they will sign Murray in the summer as an agent talking up his value.

Poyet said 'If I was his agent and I was linking Glen Murray with any team I would link him to anyone except Palace, so if he's trying to be clever he made a massive mistake'

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Does Dazza know anything about this?

Daffy Duck

Stop bloody moaning!
Nov 7, 2009
GOSBTS
You do get the feeling that some agents really don't know much about the game of football, all they see are the pound signs flashing before their eyes.

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I would have thought the money you had to come up with to become an official agent, £100,000 I believe, would have seperated the wheat from the chaff, but the the timing of the the whole thing, hours after we went up, and the club involved makes me think Murray's agent is a thick as pigshit.
Do we have a name?

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
Our games next season could get a bit testy :laugh: I don't think Gus will have a problem with Freedman though, he seems like a good guy as much as I hate to admit it *spit* .

I love Gus!

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Sure I read somewhere that Murray has only just changed his agent, doubt it will be long till he changes again if that is the way he does his business

Oct 6, 2010
I happened to be at the university yesterday so took the opportunity to have a quick peep at training.....

I think Muzza said something jokingly to Gus and Gus replied:
"Shut up Muzza, you're gonna get hunted down by the fans......... when you sign for palace"
Cue laughter from the whole squad.

Not sure what this tells us other than NOBODY was taking it seriously.

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Glenn wants to have a word with Bas Savage.
He'll tell him how entrusting your career to some thick as shit tosser like he did can seriously f*** up your career.
Bas literally went from Albion hero to unemployed, and then a bit part at places like Tranmere and Daggers.
I'm not suggesting Bas is in Glenn's class of course, but Muzza deserves better advice than he's currently getting.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I can see our game's with Palace next season being very heated! :lolol:

It would be anyway but let's face it, Palace are blameless for this. Okay so Murray's agent is trying to get the best deal he can for his client (and get more cash himself) because that's job but to do something as provocative as this does make the agent look like a prize idiot, especially now Freeman has denighed it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here