Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet has another poke at fans

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I don't think it's necessarily support for gus, it's more support for truth, and not overreacting to the tiniest of imagined slights.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
How often does Fergie

Ferguson responded to fans’ frustration at the lack of summer transfer activity by insisting he was not prepared to fork out inflated transfer fees. Responding to the fans’ clamour for a £30million-plus signing, he said: ‘Well they can wait!

“I am very proud of this team but at the moment I don’t believe we are getting the support we deserve.

“I understand you were all very disappointed we did not win the Premier League last season after we led the table for so long.

“But you have to be intelligent and instead of showing resentment you have to be behind the team more than ever. This team needs a strong guide to go through a difficult period. The younger the players are, the more support they need.”

“I’m a football manager, it could quite easily happen to me and I was disgusted at how the football supporters had treated Steve and the only way I could show was by leaving at half-time.”

Granted that was about Blackburn fans, so I'll let you have Moyes.

They've lasted so long in their jobs not only because they're good managers but also because they have total respect for the fans and don't make knee-jerk inflammatory comments towards them.

Has Poyet done that then? Seems like he was stating the obvious to me.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Think Gus is abosluetely right... we are talking about footballers here.... not well-balanced individuals ;)

PHCgull

Gus-ambivalent User
Mar 5, 2009
i dont give a rats arse about that withdean celebration

BUT if gus can do for hammond what he has done for el abd, THEN i really will believe he can walk on water...

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
I'm glad he's come back as I was beginning to miss my "hate" figure.

now, the blokes in front of me will be able to get very annoyed and tired of my continual moanin and critiscism of his ineffective play and telling him "To get involved for Chrisssake Hammond" as well as the annoying running style.

Itsll be just like beling back at Withers

Can't wait

crabface

Mar 24, 2012
Whats going on the board need to sack Gus and sort it out, how dare he make a comment like that.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
Hammond will be a hit with fans again From The Argus)

“Maybe people were having a little bit of a doubt with Deano, because of what happened a few years ago. I think that is absolutely rubbish. That shows the passion he has got for the game and how much it means for him to win. He is going to show that.”

???

I would argue that having a little bit of doubt about someone who has screamed 'f**k off' at Brighton fans as recently as 2010 is perfectly natural.

As has been said in other threads, our Gus is still very much a work in progress manager. He has a lot to learn before he's ready for his beloved Premier League.

Jesus, there are some major league bedwetters on here but you take the Huggies Drynites.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
The support you lot have for Gus is admirable. I'm not sure he could be any better than he already is? Could he?

He's comfortably the best Albion manager in my lifetime, and probably the best young manager outside the Prem in England. We play expansive passing football and he has consistently delivered results higher than our wage budgets suggest we should be managing.

That enough for ya?

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
He's comfortably the best Albion manager in my lifetime, and probably the best young manager outside the Prem in England. We play expansive passing football and he has consistently delivered results higher than our wage budgets suggest we should be managing.

That enough for ya?
That's all very well, but look at this quote of his in a newspaper!
“Maybe people were having a little bit of a doubt with Deano, because of what happened a few years ago. I think that is absolutely rubbish."

images

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Ahh............the old 'when overwhelmed with facts that contradict your OP, claim it was fishing' routine.

aaah...ze olde fishing ploy...

says in the style of Inspector Clousseau

Rogero

Aug 4, 2010
Shoreham

“Maybe people were having a little bit of a doubt with Deano, because of what happened a few years ago. I think that is absolutely rubbish. That shows the passion he has got for the game and how much it means for him to win. He is going to show that.”

???

I would argue that having a little bit of doubt about someone who has screamed 'f**k off' at Brighton fans as recently as 2010 is perfectly natural.

As has been said in other threads, our Gus is still very much a work in progress manager. He has a lot to learn before he's ready for his beloved Premier League.
Are you a Palace supporter stirring it up? If not you are very immature.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

???

FFS Get off his back! He has delivered so much!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here