Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet has another poke at fans

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
Hammond will be a hit with fans again From The Argus)

“Maybe people were having a little bit of a doubt with Deano, because of what happened a few years ago. I think that is absolutely rubbish. That shows the passion he has got for the game and how much it means for him to win. He is going to show that.”

???

I would argue that having a little bit of doubt about someone who has screamed 'f**k off' at Brighton fans as recently as 2010 is perfectly natural.

As has been said in other threads, our Gus is still very much a work in progress manager. He has a lot to learn before he's ready for his beloved Premier League.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS

“Maybe people were having a little bit of a doubt with Deano, because of what happened a few years ago. I think that is absolutely rubbish. That shows the passion he has got for the game and how much it means for him to win. He is going to show that.”

???

I would argue that having a little bit of doubt about someone who has screamed 'f**k off' at Brighton fans as recently as 2010 is perfectly natural.

As has been said in other threads, our Gus is still very much a work in progress manager. He has a lot to learn before he's ready for his beloved Premier League.

Are you a bit sensitive?

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
I dont think Hammond will get a rough ride at all. If he was playing for another team...yes, in an Albion shirt...no!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames

???

Are you a bit sensitive?

No, just an Albion fan. Are you?

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Dislike the bloke etc etc but he'll be wearing our shirt. At least he's not Joey Barton or that sad excuse Ronaldo.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's a bit disappointing that despite Hammond feeling the need to apologise for what he did (and rightly so) Gus excuses his "passion" yet defines the fans' "passion" at being angered at his celebration as "rubbish".

That said, this isn't a big deal and Hammond will start again with a clean slate as far as I'm concerned.

el_ciddy

Aug 26, 2011
I don't think it's worth reading too much into what Gus says (in English).

BOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooOOOOOoOOOoooo

I'll be keeping quiet, but I'm not going to be bothered if some feel strongly enough to boo him, or at least not wanting them to leave or say they're not 'real' Albion supporters like some around here. :facepalm:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Do you seriously think that constitutes "another poke at fans"? :ohmy:

Blimey. You must have some sleepless nights.

Surrey_Albion

Jan 17, 2011
Horley
When he first signed I was a gutted as I thought he was a complete **** and had the same knee jerk reaction as many on here and posted on FB etc, however since he apologised ,and was big enough to do so ,aswell as explain he has matured since then and now has a wife and kid etc I am actually chilled about it all and like others have said as soon as he wears those beautidul blue and white stripes and that ref blow his wistle will I give him stick....no no I wont

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
He didnt say the fans are rubbish.
Some people look for a way to dig at Poyet, and THAT IS rubbish.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
So, having spent time, effort, and money on bringing a player here, a player that we need in the absence of Croft, Gus is giving that player his backing? Wow, what a wanker eh.

.... he's just a troll, it's a wind up, don't fall for it, he's just a troll, or maybe he's only 12 and he doesn't really understand football yet - it doesn't matter either way, just keep calm, just keep :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: what the f*** is wrong with you, you can't really be that stupid!

Ian Bairds Fist

Nov 26, 2003
Kingston-upon-Thames
So, having spent time, effort, and money on bringing a player here, a player that we need in the absence of Croft, Gus is giving that player his backing? Wow, what a wanker eh.

.... he's just a troll, it's a wind up, don't fall for it, he's just a troll, or maybe he's only 12 and he doesn't really understand football yet - it doesn't matter either way, just keep calm, just keep :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: what the f*** is wrong with you, you can't really be that stupid!

Judging by your avatar I thought you'd be impartial. Think you need to chill mate, and get back to your shrine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here