Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poyet at chelsea

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Comedy gold. And it goes on and on and on.

so i take it you are one of the chelsea fans on here
chelsea until the reent past were never more than a mid table club
in fact i would compare them to west ham
are you saying brighton cant in the near future compete with west ham ?

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
good for you macky for sticking to your guns. what's wrong with wanting something special. will be an adventure with TB in charge, so let's all just try and enjoy it because history tells us that, like ALL clubs other than the real giants of English football, they'll be some low times and high times ahead.
No one's arguing with that!

Anyway, I'm outta here as we seem to be going round in circles. Nice that Poyet got a good reception!

macky

Dec 28, 2004
if you dont aspire to be a mid table prem team
then i dontthink that you are real fans of the club

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London
So, to sum up, Brighton can be as big as that mid-table team Chelsea - who won the double last season. Okaaaay...

FWIW, yes, I agree that Chelsea would probably be a mid-table side without Abramovic's billions. But the fact is they have got them. I think even West Ham might be a bit of a stretch for the Albion, I reckon something along the lines of a slightly better Wigan (as others have said) is probably more realistic, as we've got more fans than them.

itszamora

Go Jazz Go
Sep 21, 2003
London

Just out of interest, going from your avatar, I'm guessing you'd prefer it if Poyet, Taricco, Ankergren, Brezovan, Sandaza, Baz, Battipiedi, Calderon, LuaLua, Kishishev and that random Norwegian weren't involved with the club?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
Nice that Poyet got a good reception!

Nice that he also got introduced as Albion's manager not just as an ex Chelsea player and congratulated on taking us to the top of league 1. ( even if we are 2nd )

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

I'll choose how I want to support Brighton, thank you - not you.

We are ALL aspiring to be a mid-table Premiership team. It doesn't follow it's not going to come without an awful lot of hard work, and a fair amount of changes.

This is different from saying we can be bigger than Chelsea.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
good for you macky for sticking to your guns. what's wrong with wanting something special.

He is certainly that: "special" as in "olympics"...

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
So, to sum up, Brighton can be as big as that mid-table team Chelsea - who won the double last season. Okaaaay...

FWIW, yes, I agree that Chelsea would probably be a mid-table side without Abramovic's billions. But the fact is they have got them. I think even West Ham might be a bit of a stretch for the Albion, I reckon something along the lines of a slightly better Wigan (as others have said) is probably more realistic, as we've got more fans than them.

To be fair without Abramovic's billions Chelsea would have been well and truely screwed.

Why do people keep on saying Wigan - it is not a comparable club. They came into the football league in 1974 (i think) and had never been in the top two tiers before about 6 years ago. They are a small club - did you ever go to Springfield Park? Tiny tiny fanbase.

Why do people keep on saying Wigan - it is not a comparable club. They came into the football league in 1974 (i think) and had never been in the top two tiers before about 6 years ago. They are a small club - did you ever go to Springfield Park? Tiny tiny fanbase.

In that case what about looking at Stoke, or Fulham? I don't think you'll find two beter run clubs of that size in the country, and yet their aim every season is to avoid relegation. Maybe Wigan aren't a fair comparison, but look at any club in the top flight with an average attendance of less than 30k and you are looking at a team whose sole aim each season is to avoid relegation, until they finally have a bad season and sink back to the Premiership.

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
So, second in the table and we're as big as Chelsea. Oh well, after we fail to beat Oldham tomorrow I suppose it'll be back to 'we're doomed to relegation, Poyet out!'.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
Just out of interest, going from your avatar, I'm guessing you'd prefer it if Poyet, Taricco, Ankergren, Brezovan, Sandaza, Baz, Battipiedi, Calderon, LuaLua, Kishishev and that random Norwegian weren't involved with the club?

why would you assuume that
you assume very wrong

macky

Dec 28, 2004
I'll choose how I want to support Brighton, thank you - not you.

We are ALL aspiring to be a mid-table Premiership team. It doesn't follow it's not going to come without an awful lot of hard work, and a fair amount of changes.

This is different from saying we can be bigger than Chelsea.

please show me wher i ever said we would be bigger than chelsea ?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
In that case what about looking at Stoke, or Fulham?

At the moment I'd settle for being like West Brom a cross between a decent championship and a lower premier league club, If we could push on from that at some point then even better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here