Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

poxy ebay

spooky

Jan 1, 2008
I would tell him to go put his wifes cock in his mouth, and suck real hard...then see if he still wants a refund...

Dec 16, 2010
Over there
I've been looking for a I phone 3GS on eBay and gave up in the end. Most were out of my price range and the only ones that were within were either completely f***ed for parts and spares or scratched to buggery, and even those ones seemed to go for a particularly high price.
So I looked on amazon and bought one on their private sales section. The whole thing looks brand new, no scratches for £120. Really pleased with it. Now to get my GiffGaff sim and I'll be on here more than ever.

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I've had very few problems with buyers on eBay but on the couple of times I have, they have been complete morons. As stated, a big problem with ebay is its heavily slanted in favour of the buyer which leaves the system open to abuse from shysters.

If an buyer opens a case, do they have to return the item before PayPal will refund them? I've never had a case go that far.

I have amended my auctions to begin all of them with "no partial refunds", because so many wankers think they can blackmail you to get money back on everything.
I sold a very-near-mint LP a few weeks ago and the buyer tried it on. They even laid it on thick about how BAD the grading was, that the vinyl was barely even VG+.
So I said "right then, you obviously WON'T want to keep that so return for full refund"
Cue the telling "I played it on different equipment and it sounded better, if you send me half back I'll keep it"

Nono sunshine, I cannot possibly think of allowing such a sub-par deal to have gone through, return it - it's my own treasured copy so I may keep it.
Realising that they were not going to get any partial refund, they sent it back and I refunded all but the registered return post. Re-sold for the same amount, the new buyer understood the conditions and agreed with the grading of near mint! Even with all this, it really was a good album that was a cheap deal for the happy buyer.

So, eradicate the chance of these dodgy buyers and let them know you don't compromise, and save yourselves time and grief.
Also NEVER refund until the item is returned and checked AT the post office in front of the server as witness, as a dodgy buyer can send back anything as long as it's registered, and not necessarily the thing you sold them. i.e. a scratched Max Bygraves record could come back, when you originally sold Andwella's Dream or The Open Mind original album in top shape!

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
I've had very few problems with buyers on eBay but on the couple of times I have, they have been complete morons. As stated, a big problem with ebay is its heavily slanted in favour of the buyer which leaves the system open to abuse from shysters.

If an buyer opens a case, do they have to return the item before PayPal will refund them? I've never had a case go that far.

I hope ebay read all the messages from him to me and visa versa....as he is admitting it crackles on not all tracks...amd it works on a PC now....he is constantly changing his story.

NOW if ebay say I must refund him I assume he MUST return the item?

Pinkie Brown

Wir Sind das Volk
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR 🇩🇪
I hope ebay read all the messages from him to me and visa versa....as he is admitting it crackles on not all tracks...amd it works on a PC now....he is constantly changing his story.

NOW if ebay say I must refund him I assume he MUST return the item?

When there is a dispute, Ebay can see all the messages between buyer & seller if need be. That was the undoing of one of the idiots I had a problem with.

Sadly you have no chance. Offer him the refund. You will also need to refund shipping, but not his return shipping.

For commercial sellers in the UK, we have to abide by something called the Distance Selling Regs. Although you are probably a private seller, Ebay and Paypal use these rules.

Basically, they have the right to change their mind for any reason in 7 days. If you don't agree, Paypal will just refund the money and chase you for it!

The only thing you have the right to fight for it not to pay for his return postage. You would be obliged to if it was faulty and you didn't say it was, but you clearly did.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Sadly you have no chance. Offer him the refund. You will also need to refund shipping, but not his return shipping.

For commercial sellers in the UK, we have to abide by something called the Distance Selling Regs. Although you are probably a private seller, Ebay and Paypal use these rules.

Basically, they have the right to change their mind for any reason in 7 days. If you don't agree, Paypal will just refund the money and chase you for it!

The only thing you have the right to fight for it not to pay for his return postage. You would be obliged to if it was faulty and you didn't say it was, but you clearly did.

Paypal have already 'quarentined' the money that was in my account...I now have a minus balance.

I have offered him a refund MINUS the postage....I will have the item back and sell it again.

He will not get a refund until I have received the ipod and checked it.

personally I think he is just trying it on but I cant afford to lose the ipod and pay him a refund so I will sell it again..

SO read the listing carefully if it says crackles ocasionally it does exactly that!!!!

gully is my god

Apr 13, 2011
Hove
I do feel for you but you did list its condition as

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

I would suggest that the faults with it are more than cosmetic and therefore you may be in the wrong. As a buyer, I would see your comments in the description but then look at this and come to the conclusion that obviously its working completely fine.

Think it should have been listed as partially working/for parts for ebay to be happy with it.

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
ebayers are something else.

one bloke sent me something with a letter saying he bought something from me and his son didn't want it, so he sent it back to me.

I don't sell stuff on ebay. Ever. And I didn't sell it to him.

A week later he demanded his money back, both in phone call and on ebay.

So, I took screenshots of where and how he was wrong, and the thing he bloody sent me, and patronisingly said 'maybe you should read all the documents carefully next time. would you like a magnifying glass?'

Never heard from the prick again.

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Was looking for a Iphone for only 3/4 weeks ago the add looked fairly cosha but I read abit more and got curious, The add said 'Iphone 4 Box and Manuel' which at first seemed like an Iphone 4, the box and a Manuel but I asked the seller to confirm if it included the phone or not and he said it didn't it still sold for £260+ !!! Some actually idiots out there.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I've bought and sold loads on ebay, everything from phones to CDs to cars. Only ever had problem with people not paying a couple of times. Had one person complain that the item was faulty (a nokia phone) so I told him to return it which he did and I thought his complaint was valid (the "4" didn't work properly - when I'd tried it, I rang a number without a 4 in it) so I refunded him and his postage in full.

daveybgtt

May 12, 2010
North Sompting
I sold an old cavalier on EBAY years ago, and the suspension collapsed when the guy was driving home. Phoned me next day to try and get some money back for towing expenses etc, NO! haha tough shit! The car was only £300 odd so don't feel too sorry for him eh. :rolleyes:

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
I do feel for you but you did list its condition as

Used: An item that has been previously used. The item may have some signs of cosmetic wear, but is fully operational and functions as intended. This item may be a floor model or an item that has been returned to the seller after a period of use. See the seller’s listing for full details and description of any imperfections.

I would suggest that the faults with it are more than cosmetic and therefore you may be in the wrong. As a buyer, I would see your comments in the description but then look at this and come to the conclusion that obviously its working completely fine.

Think it should have been listed as partially working/for parts for ebay to be happy with it.

bullshit.....it was listed as occasional crackles with a docking station...how much clearer could it be?

bluenitsuj

Listen to me!!!
Feb 26, 2011
Willingdon
Several years ago I sold a sky box of mine as I had upgraded. Nothing wrong with it and never had any problems with it.

The item sold for about £25 and i received positive feedback that they had received the item and it was as described. About two weeks later I had a claim against me from the same buyer saying that they had never received the item.

To cut a long story slightly shorter. Although I had proof via feedback, had e-mails between myself and the buyer, I still had the money taken from my account and given back to the twat, and he still had my sky box. So no skybox and no money. I have now learnt to always send items 'recorded' so as to get proof of delivery.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here