Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Powerful Music

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What is the most powerful music that you have seen/heard that has moved you.....

When I was in Malawi, we visited a school for the blind. There were about 35 blind kids/teens waiting for us. Some as young as 1 or 2, simply going blind from an eye infection or conjuctivitis.

When we walked in the room, they burst into song, singing various African songs and the old favourite Kum baya.

Very moving indeed.:(

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
not a special suggestion but when i hear 'drive' over the top of that live aid video footage that they used all those years ago it nearly gets me.

and that m people ladies song 'what have you done today?'

the bbc allways use it over the top of summary footage from say the olympics or a world cup and its always so fitting. its a crap song when theres no pictures but with them its classic.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Adagio for Strings , bit of a cliche now, every disaster and tragedy, stick on the Adagio for Strings but still the greatest piece of music ever written imho.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Hearing 'Grimey' by Dillinja played over the Valve Sound System, not moving but f***ing NUTS.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The only piece of music guaranteed to make me teary-eyed every time is the big climax about 5 minutes before the end of Act 1 of Puccini's La Boheme. Opera buffs should know the exact moment I mean - when Mimi and Rodolfo are singing together and hit the single most perfect and beautiful note in the history of music, ever.

Meade's Ball

Jul 7, 2003
Hither (sometimes Thither)
Sunday, Monday = Happy Days
Tuesday, Wednesday = Happy Days
Thursday, Friday = Happy Days.

Oh Fonzie, don't worry, i thought, and turned to Paramount Comedy channel 2.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Smokebelch II by Sabres of Paradise. One of the best tunes ever, gets me in a great mood everytime I hear it.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
Trufflehound said:
The only piece of music guaranteed to make me teary-eyed every time is the big climax about 5 minutes before the end of Act 1 of Puccini's La Boheme. Opera buffs should know the exact moment I mean - when Mimi and Rodolfo are singing together and hit the single most perfect and beautiful note in the history of music, ever.

"O soave fanciulla..." Good choice. Or how about the quartet in the last act of Rigoletto "Bella figlia del'amore" - marvellous scenes.

But the one that gets me every time is the end of La Nozze di Figaro, when the count begs forgiveness from his wife: gives me a lump in the throat every time.

looney

Banned
Jul 7, 2003
I actually listen to music to entertain me not mess with my emotions and f*** with my head.

I bet you lot run from rook scarers.

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
Faith by The Cure, great song and always reminds me of smashing up my first car and almost killing my best mate..

ps and the crash wasn't my fault !!

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
In a huge gym in Sofia, the Bulgarian Women's Choir doing an impromptu concert in a semi-circle around four of us. Polegnala e Todora got us all trying to conceal a snivel or two.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here