Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Power Balance Wristbands

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was wondering whether any sporty or new age types on NSC use these? Both Jermain Defoe and David Beckham wear them, as do many other sporty people.

Do they really make you feel more relaxed and improve your sporting performance?

Expensive fad, or do they actually work (before I part with my cash)?
SNN2119AN-280_1110136a.jpg

7648.jpg

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
a fad and piece of shit like these nose breather things!

_106627_nasal_strip_300_(04-06-98)_elvis.jpg

300_113857.jpg

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Mate had a go with one, in our local cycling shop.
He swears that it took a load more force to push him over, wearing it!.

I on the other hand, told him, he was talking bollox.

Last edited:

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
fad. if they "do" anything is down to you believing if they do or not. from the web site:

Power Balance is based on the idea of optimizing the body’s natural energy flow, similar to concepts behind many Eastern philosophies. The hologram in Power Balance is designed to resonate with and respond to the natural energy field of the body

so they are simply a braclet with a hologram. as far as i know, a hologram is simply a way to render an image in 3D. so its a fun little 3D image. not sure how thats suppose to "resonante" and effect your body in any way.

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
power of positive thinking I would imagine.. so yes, they do work despite not actually 'doing' anything!

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Its all in the mind isnt it.

If you beleive that you will be better wearing one then your performance probably will rise a bit.

Same with Predator boots putting more curl on the ball, its all about mind over matter

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I wear a trion z on my wrist when I play tennis to help my shoulder, whether its psycological or not my shoulder always starts to ache quicker if I have forgotton to put it on.

Old Hadlothian

@san_miguel73
Jul 24, 2007
Borough of Crows
I opted for the Trion-Z too.... slightly cheaper & for me it works.
Again, it may be all in the head, but hey, it helps me through the day....
I have 2, actually, a dual loop & a single. I can honestly say they offer great service too.. the slicone band broke - I sent it off to them & within 2 days I had a replacement.

Each to their own I say.... if it works, then money well spent - if not, then expensive fashio accessorie !!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I opted for the Trion-Z too....

do they tell you how long the bracelet lasts? because they claim they emit ions, therefore they must wear out overtime as the material is lost. and were too, into the body? is that safe? not quite sure where the power comes from to create the ions either, like many similar things the physics and science is a tad sketchy.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here