Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poul Hubertz

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I think that we are crying out for a speedy winger who can also score goals and Gillespie fits the bill exactly.

K G

I think that Parkin was a better player than Murray but is not now and probably wouldnt be happy with being a sub.

A better option if we are going to buy a first choice to battle with Murray for the spot would be be Stephen (?) Booker who has been on loan to Cheltenham and been recalled by Bristol City.

Yes, I would agree about Brooker. He had a good spell at Cheltenham and Bristol City may well let him go (especially if they get promoted). However, again would he be happy with a place as back up to Murray/Forster (or would Murray be happy as back up)? We definitely need a more physical striker to work with Murray, Forster and Dixon.

I have always thought of Gillespie as a striker but may well be wrong. As a winger he would definitely be worth a look although I imagine he would cost too much (c. £500k minimum). If Cheltenham go down it could be worth a shot though.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Yes, I would agree about Brooker. He had a good spell at Cheltenham and Bristol City may well let him go (especially if they get promoted). However, again would he be happy with a place as back up to Murray/Forster (or would Murray be happy as back up)? We definitely need a more physical striker to work with Murray, Forster and Dixon.

I have always thought of Gillespie as a striker but may well be wrong. As a winger he would definitely be worth a look although I imagine he would cost too much (c. £500k minimum). If Cheltenham go down it could be worth a shot though.

Two words..... Boyd.... George

But may cost too much.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Joe Kuffor at Bournemouth, who are broke and may be relegated, he is a Leon Knight type goalscorer not very physical but a better alternative than Gatting or Robinson to come off of the bench.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Joe Kuffor at Bournemouth, who are broke and may be relegated, he is a Leon Knight type goalscorer not very physical but a better alternative than Gatting or Robinson to come off of the bench.

I would rather have Sam Vokes at Bournemouth but he will probably have better options. The other player I thought of was Akinfenwa. He seemed to be scoring and fit at Northampton and I think that he is only there until the end of the season.

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
he looked rubbish against us at Sixfields..... ungainly and didn't seem to know what to do with the ball when he got it.
And at Withdean (as well as being an absolute twat). Probably because he IS rubbish.

Also who of all these other strikers would want to come and be third choice? Which is what they would be.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
if Bournemouth go I would look at Max Grendel, he was amazing against us even though we beat them

Parkin looked to be overweight and too slow against us last week, but would be worth looking at if we can trim him up pre season.

Murray will be our season turner next season, and I reckon will bag 20 league goals.

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
Hey Mendo..do you think Leicester have a clause in his contract such that if the club they have loaned him to go down then he (Grendel) can be transferred?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Dear Mortal (KG)

No but I think the point being made is the principle of relegating a striker who has that goals to games ratio to third choice.

Who has missed a number of good chances as well.

If you had Parkin, Murray and Forster fighting over two spots in the summer it can only be a good thing.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Who has missed a number of good chances as well.

If you had Parkin, Murray and Forster fighting over two spots in the summer it can only be a good thing.

Parkin did not look good at Luton last weekend though. I thought before the game that he might be worth a look if they went down, but having seen him I would definitely not sign him. Injuries look to have taken their toll.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Parkin did not look good at Luton last weekend though. I thought before the game that he might be worth a look if they went down, but having seen him I would definitely not sign him. Injuries look to have taken their toll.

Maybe, but thats on the back of one game.

Different Position I know, but Morgan was riddle with injury but did OK.

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
I think that we are crying out for a speedy winger who can also score goals and Gillespie fits the bill exactly.

K G

I think that Parkin was a better player than Murray but is not now and probably wouldnt be happy with being a sub.

A better option if we are going to buy a first choice to battle with Murray for the spot would be be Stephen (?) Booker who has been on loan to Cheltenham and been recalled by Bristol City.

max gradel bournmmouth he will be free transfer at the end of the year i do agree with gillespie he is a very talanted player but gradel has scored ten goals from right mid and he is a very high in the the assist charts he would be perfect:albion2:

fenech1elphick1

Apr 3, 2008
shoreham
if Bournemouth go I would look at Max Grendel, he was amazing against us even though we beat them

Parkin looked to be overweight and too slow against us last week, but would be worth looking at if we can trim him up pre season.

Murray will be our season turner next season, and I reckon will bag 20 league goals.

well said them two would be good

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
gillespie isnt a wide man - he could probably do a job out there, but it would be like sticking leon knight out wide - a waste of his main asset

not sure brooker would be happy about coming here and being sub either - he has proven he can score goals at this level, and if cheltenham stay up then i can see him going there permanently or to another similar club in the lower reaches of the table who will play him week in week out

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here