Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potterball failure?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
The most concerning fact is that most of our starting 11 are all fit apart from burn. Other teams amongst us are suffering huge injury issues and suspensions. Dread to think what state we’d be in if we get injuries and suspensions to dunk/moy etc

Likelihood we’d be better because there’d be less to tinker with. Changing the personnel and the formation every game isn’t helping any continuity.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Really?

I think you know exactly what i’m basing it on even if you don’t agree with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Really.

Your answer would be absolutely spot on for last season, even when Murray was in his slump.

But those halcyon days now seem a long time ago.

I have no idea why a new striker didn't arrive 01.01.20 and my flabber has got more agast every passing day since.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
2018/19 season after 11 home games goals scored 15, wins 5
2019/20 season after 11 home games goals scored 15, wins 4

2018/19 season after 11 away games goals scored 9, wins 2
2019/20 season after 11 away games goals scored 10, wins 2

Whilst on occasion the football has been more attractive to watch recent games have been boring and frustrating.

A few more poor results and Blooms decision to give the boy a long contract will look premature. In defence of Hughton and Potter the players just are not good enough. :shrug:

Anya1000

Apr 14, 2019

Whilst on occasion the football has been more attractive to watch recent games have been boring and frustrating.

A few more poor results and Blooms decision to give the boy a long contract will look premature. In defence of Hughton and Potter the players just are not good enough. :shrug:

100% agree

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Potter insists on playing Stephens and Propper in central midfield that leaves no central midfielder pushing forward to help forwards. Mooy is outstanding in this position and Alzate is a natural attacking player. But where did he play them On the wing and full back Madness. He is not interested in playing an attacking player in central midfield . Alzate for example went from full back to right wing to left wing. If he wanted a wide player why not bring Ali J on

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
Rome also burned down. Get your head out the sand man, we’re in a relegation battle and all this wallpapering is starting to grate.

what did you expect this season

Europa League qualification

I see it as work in progress

give Potter a chance for heavens sake

he's only been here 2 minutes

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017

come on

we all know it was the 2nd half of the season the wheels came off the wagon

that's what got CH the sack,not the 1st half

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Potter insists on playing Stephens and Propper in central midfield that leaves no central midfielder pushing forward to help forwards. Mooy is outstanding in this position and Alzate is a natural attacking player. But where did he play them On the wing and full back Madness. He is not interested in playing an attacking player in central midfield . Alzate for example went from full back to right wing to left wing. If he wanted a wide player why not bring Ali J on

That’s why he should always play 4-5-1, so we can have three in the middle.

The Connolly partnering Maupay business, was a flop.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
come on

we all know it was the 2nd half of the season the wheels came off the wagon

that's what got CH the sack,not the 1st half

Agreed, it was the players that let Hughton down we were 13th and virtually safe with home games against Southampton, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Newcastle to come,
we lost 3 and drew 1, that sealed Hughtons fate.

Whereas this season we have this to come in the 2nd half of the season.
Annotation 2020-01-19 104715.png

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
what did you expect this season

Europa League qualification

I see it as work in progress

give Potter a chance for heavens sake

he's only been here 2 minutes
In hindsight it might not have been wise for the owner to so openly say he's had enough of 'scratching around at the bottom of the table'.

Sure he caveatted the hell out of it, but the intent was laid bare.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Agreed, it was the players that let Hughton down we were 13th and virtually safe with home games against Southampton, Bournemouth, Cardiff and Newcastle to come,
we lost 3 and drew 1, that sealed Hughtons fate.

Whereas this season we have this to come in the 2nd half of the season.
View attachment 119248

That may hit home. I’m pretty sure many fans aren’t aware of our difficult run in.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think my concern is that I'm not seeing the improvement. Early season we were constantly told it's a work in progress, you can't judge him after so few games, give him 10 games, the judge him. It's after christmas that he'll really kick on. We need to give him a chance to coach the players in his style. I don't expect them to be the finished product in less than one season. He's had the one transfer window that closed before we played a competitive game. The second is almost three weeks old, but is a January window where business is complicated. I get all that.

But even with all that in mind, shouldn't we be seeing signs of the team improving by now? I don't.

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
That may hit home. I’m pretty sure many fans aren’t aware of our difficult run in.

could look at that another way

beaten Man Utd in the last 2 games at home

won & drawn with Arsenal

Liverpool (league wrapped up,will be concentrating on CL)

Man City (CL & FA Cup to win,not some two bob league game down by the seaside :lol:)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here