Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter- what’s he up to?

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
What a sanctimonious tw@t , trying to take credit for the signings talking about the pathway at the club, yes he was part of that section for the first team, but that was the clubs project and idea from under 7s through to the first team. His reluctance to play certain players on that list and not on that list at times like Pascal, aaaaarrrgggh I hate him
Yep this. The "Collaboration" was Potter being one small part ,of an environment set up by Tony and PB.

Dan Ashworth was a much bigger factor in Potter's success, who in turn, was a much smaller part than Paul Barber.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
Was always a Potter fan until he left. Thought he came across really badly last night. Very pre-rehearsed, cringey answers. He'd be a long way down the list for me if I were a Premier League club looking for a new manager.

I think his ego (and bank balance) has stopped him taking a sensible job to get back into management, as he was waiting for a big one, and now his stock is falling every month. Chris Hughton made a similar mistake after he left us, saying he was waiting for a Premier League job, when everybody apart from him could see that was never coming.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I think too many of us are still showing the bruises of a parting that one of the partners didn't want.

My view is that he moved us forward after Hughton ran out of ideas, transformed the playing style and raised our expectations. But while he took us to our highest finish at the time, he was slow to recognise the potential in such players as Ally Mac and Caicedo, and his shortcomings (one home win in the calendar year of 2020, three months without scoring at the Amex) were exposed by the results De Zerbi got from the same squad. His 'history lesson' comments got under our collective skin a bit too.

But he still has to be up there among our best-ever coaches/managers. Top five? Top ten probably.

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
He'll be installed at Old Trafford before this Christmas and back on the footballing equivalent of the Dole (enormous payouts after being sacked, again) by next Christmas.
I'd be getting very nervous if I were a United fan when hearing that Jim Ratcliffe and Dan Ashworth are both big fans of Graham Potter and Gareth Southgate.

Still, it is what it is.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
I see you’re repeatedly putting the boot in on Potter on this thread whilst simultaneously having strong opinions about NSC “abuse” on the Webster thread.

Hypocrite.

*delete*

CBA

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
there are indeed some loud people who like to compete to see who hates him the most, and take every opportunity to point out just how much they hate him.

It's not universal though, he was very good for us and stayed longer than most managers stay in a job. It just really hurt when he left because we were doing so well at the time - even though it was becoming inevitable it would happen - and a lot of people won't ever get over that. Probably understandable.

I definitely don’t “hate” him. I reserve that for Putin, Trump, etc.

Potter took us up a level, improved players, but it was a collaborative effort with StarLizard, Winstanley, Ashworth, TB/PB. The final 10 PL games and some famous away wins the pinnacle. But incredibly long runs at the Amex of non winning football, possibly record breaking in our history. Soul destroying.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland
Did we ever work out why EVERYONE on Sky Sports wears these white bottom shoes?!

potter.png

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
Why go to college to study emotional intelligence? Because....you don't have any.
If you work at a university and carry this perspective on education... no shit your boss haven't talked to you for 15 years like you wrote in another thread.

Flounce

Nov 15, 2006
Well I’d like to see him get the United job for a number of reasons and wanting him to crash and burn there is not one of them

I know a few United fans who’d be more than a little pissed off and I have been winding them up about him going there for a while now.
I am genuinely interested to see if he is capable of managing that poisoned chalice
If he thought Chelsea was high pressure it’ll take big balls to go to United, again interested to see if he’s got a big pair

Pissed me off big time when he left but I am struggling to keep slagging him off given how his leaving ended up in our best ever thrilling season and Europe

Truth be told I’d prefer Southgate to take the United job though as I reckon that would turn into a car crash very quickly

Han Solo

May 25, 2024
there are indeed some loud people who like to compete to see who hates him the most, and take every opportunity to point out just how much they hate him.
Long may it continue. Its fun to how people lose all kind of logical thinking when reasoning around him and his time at the club. Five minutes of Potter talk is a good way to separate the thinkers from the feelers.

Zeberdi

“Vorsprung durch Technik”
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022

It's not universal though, he was very good for us and stayed longer than most managers stay in a job. It just really hurt when he left because we were doing so well at the time - even though it was becoming inevitable it would happen - and a lot of people won't ever get over that. Probably understandable.
I certainly don’t “hate” Potter - I didn’t when he was our manager, I don’t now.

He wasn’t the most demonstrative of fellas (soporific even), he had a habit of blaming everyone except himself when we had a long run of no wins and he has made some really stupid career choices, including leaving a perfectly supportive Club to go to a toxic environment where most of us could have told him, would be unsuitable for his style of management.

I don’t hate him but do think there’s an air of ‘sad loser‘ about him at the moment.

I’m sure when he gets his Champions side to manage, he’ll be back trying for silver.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I honestly can't see Plodder managing at any meaningful level again. His words and actions do not come across as those of a driven professional football manager. Most of those would have taken a little time out, dusted themselves off and thrown themselves into the next challenge. Like RDZ for example. Not our Graham. A bit too fond of the easy life. Listen to him speak, you'd think he was the only manager to ever get sacked. His psyche has taken a battering and I'm really not sure if he has the stomach for meaningful football management any more, even if he's going through the utterly unconvincing motions of job seeking. I guess we'll see

tstanbur

Sep 16, 2011
I certainly don’t “hate” Potter - I didn’t when he was our manager, I don’t now.

He wasn’t the most demonstrative of fellas (soporific even), he had a habit of blaming everyone except himself when we had a long run of no wins and he has made some really stupid career choices, including leaving a perfectly supportive Club to go to a toxic environment where most of us could have told him, would be unsuitable for his style of management.

I don’t hate him but do think there’s an air of ‘sad loser‘ about him at the moment.

I’m sure when he gets his Champions side to manage, he’ll be back trying for silver.
At lot of what you've written there applies to RDZ too

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Yeah, it's kind of strange, some here will never ever admit that something he's saying or doing make sense. Always find something to pick on, a shame really. Teeth, shoes, polo neck, is that a hair in his ear, spend some time with the family - what an idiot, huh? He left on a high, not a club in sh*tstate. That's usually a good thing, I wish him all the best in the future.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here