Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Potter on Talk Sport

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I didn't listen to this, but I find Simon Jordan fairly sensible on their show and while he plays the pantomime villan a bit re: us, he has been pretty complimentary in the past about what Tony Bloom has done

Thought his 'What was the thinking behind the 'Dad's Army' recruitment' question (referring to Welbeck and Lallana) was twattish. Good answer from GP though.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Thought his 'What was the thinking behind the 'Dad's Army' recruitment' question (referring to Welbeck and Lallana) was twattish. Good answer from GP though.

As opposed to that spring chicken Cahill

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
NSC Patron
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I don’t listen to talk sport unless I’m having a shower, and they’ve got the commentary of a game on. I have never listened to their non commentary schedule, and I don’t think I’ve missed much.

Having said that, Potter came over as reasonable and intelligent.
And Jordan was the best interviewer.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Listened to that for 5 minutes, will finish it later but I can’t believe that people voluntarily listen to that sycophant Jim White. What a kiss arse.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012
I always see talksport as the radio equivalent of reading the Sun's sports pages for your football info. Or is it better these days?

It depends. Some of the guests/football experts on H&J in the afternoon – Tim Vickery, for example – are excellent. The likes of Alan Brazil, Jim Shite and Darren Bent? Not so much.

Sompting_Seagull

Jun 8, 2011
North Stand
Cant stand the adverts hyping up their advert availability to proespective sponsors - literally every five minutes - never used to be like that, ads must be too expensive but hey....

'what you need is an ad campaign from the team here at talksport' - 'dont worry about the price, its a woozy, its a wazy' - er yeah ok Talksport....thats clearly why you are struggling to fill ad break slots... does my nut in.

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Opened this thread hoping it was going to be Graham giving an opinion on it.

"TalkSport? Utter shite mate. Should be closed down for taking radio cricket rights off TMS."

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
I always feel a little sorry for Potter in front of mic before and after game because not a natural and always seems uncomfortable. So surprised agreed to go on Talksport.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Its mostly the 12-12.30 chunk with a minute or so - saying he's focused on "next week" in the 12.30-1pm chunk
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1613383200/1613390400/ (starts at 5.30)
https://talksport.com/radio/listen-again/1613383200/1613392200/ (first couple of mins)

The subjects are er, diving/VAR, the recent good form/defensive record, Simon Jordan pushes him on change in style of play vs Hughton, top 10 ambition/staying up, what success means. its pretty bland stuff tbh.

Thanking you for the link CJ. I wonder if [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would be keen to produce a summary for those of us that avoid TalkSport at all costs?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Thanking you for the link CJ. I wonder if [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] would be keen to produce a summary for those of us that avoid TalkSport at all costs?

Wreckers of law and order. Communists, Maoists, Trotskyists, neo-Trotskyists, crypto-Trotskyists, union leaders, Communist union leaders, atheists, agnostics, long-haired weirdos, short-haired weirdos, vandals, hooligans, football supporters, namby-pamby probation officers, rapists, papists, papist rapists, foreign surgeons - headshrinkers, who ought to be locked up, Wedgwood Benn, keg bitter, punk rock, glue-sniffers, "Play For Today", Clive Jenkins, Roy Jenkins, Up Jenkins, up everybody's, Chinese restaurants - why do you think Windsor Castle is ringed with Chinese restaurants?

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
A decent and interesting interview to listen to.
GP certainly is well trained with his answers. I bet when he drives, he never goes over the speed limit and never parks on double yellow lines.
There's a bit of Ned Flanders in there, but he's our Ned and I wouldn't change him one bit.

We're lucky to have him. Just like Chris Hughton, he's another very respectful and dignified person.

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
I always feel a little sorry for Potter in front of mic before and after game because not a natural and always seems uncomfortable. So surprised agreed to go on Talksport.
We're in good form. The club will want him telling everyone and anyone how wonderful 'the project' is.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009

Two players with great pedigree at top 4 clubs and both full internationals who came on Free transfers versus Barndoor Benteke for 30 million.

The defence rests your honour.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
A decent and interesting interview to listen to.
GP certainly is well trained with his answers. I bet when he drives, he never goes over the speed limit and never parks on double yellow lines.
There's a bit of Ned Flanders in there, but he's our Ned and I wouldn't change him one bit.

We're lucky to have him. Just like Chris Hughton, he's another very respectful and dignified person.

Agreed. I missed the interview when it was on, but caught Murphy and White talking about it/Potter afterwards. Very complimentary regarding his always 'balanced' responses to questions regardless of whether we've won or lost. Some might find him boring, to me he is just 'in control'.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I don’t mind Simon Jordan at all. He freely criticises CPFC when it needs to be done.

Far better than the **** Clinton Morrison who TS allow to slag us off and bitch at every opportunity.

Don’t CPFC2002 fans in particular dislike Jordan as he caused one of the big cheating parts of their history before they went bust?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Two players with great pedigree at top 4 clubs and both full internationals who came on Free transfers versus Barndoor Benteke for 30 million.

The defence rests your honour.

That, plus particularly the degree of experience they bring to the (otherwise mainly young and inexperienced) squad and the very positive influence they are on the younger lot.................clear they weren't brought in purely for their onfield contribution.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here