Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
What about the reason that after less than 7 months in the said post, he's clearly not up to the job?

Rightly or wrongly Sunny Worthing is awash with Chelsea season ticket holders and people very close to the club, clearly don't know the exact figures, nor should I, but as previously stated Todd B will, having conceded his huge error, play hardball, Potter will be compensated but nowhere near his full contract.
Why would Boehly & Winstanley let some purported ITK’s know confidential contract details?

redoubtable seagull

Oct 27, 2004
"Here, at a club that demands swagger, panache and a little bit of nastiness from its managers, was a coach who looks like he’d say sorry if you stole his watch, who at one point had to defend himself from claims he didn’t become angry enough in a press conference while defending himself for not having become angry enough during a game."
Excellent article and like many, he saw this coming from the outset.

This quote made me laugh out loud.

‘Chelsea needed an impresario to oversee this period, a charisma-merchant, an on-the-hoof kind of guy. They needed Carlo Ancelotti’s left eyebrow, José Mourinho’s shredded suit trouser knees. Instead they hired the managerial equivalent of an extremely practicable zip-up fleece.’

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
We talk about Palace fans biggest fear. But come the end of the season he could be a perfect fit to revive their fortunes a little.

Still, we'll be able to go there, concede 25 shots, and come away with a 1-0 win. Small mercies.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Too many people are making huge assumptions about contract terms. We will never know because of confidentiality clauses. However, I saw nothing in the news suggesting termination "by mutual consent" so I imagine some compensation is due, no doubt as set out in the contract.
Exactly. People seem to think they get back their salary x however long left on the contract, but actually it is down to specific terms. Barney Roney points out Tuchel got £13m compensation, and Potter is likely on similar terms.

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
What about the reason that after less than 7 months in the said post, he's clearly not up to the job?

Rightly or wrongly Sunny Worthing is awash with Chelsea season ticket holders and people very close to the club, clearly don't know the exact figures, nor should I, but as previously stated Todd B will, having conceded his huge error, play hardball, Potter will be compensated but nowhere near his full contract.
As defined how and is that an explicit clause in the contract ? Because that’s all that matters in contract law.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
It's akin to an ordinary happily married man chucking up everything and going off with a 20-something Madonna-type adventuress...
And after this debacle, I'm not sure any big clubs will be Desperately Seeking Graham.

SAC

May 21, 2014
I suspect that he wont be rushing into a new job this season but will have plenty of offers (or interviews) at the end of the season.

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
On a personal side, hes been battered by the fans and media for the last 7 months. His confidence and sanity must have taken a knock. He comes across as a little fragile at the best of times (with BHA). If I were him Id get a job somewhere on the continent away from the relentless glare of the poisoned media in this country.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
On a personal side, hes been battered by the fans and media for the last 7 months. His confidence and sanity must have taken a knock. He comes across as a little fragile at the best of times (with BHA). If I were him Id get a job somewhere on the continent away from the relentless glare of the poisoned media in this country.
Aye he does.

Shame, there's no home kit available in the club shop, we'll have to all chip in for the away kit instead!

_rearview.jpeg

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
Annoyingly, he’s going to get another #teamslikebrighton into the top 10. It could be Leicester but he might go to somewhere like Palace or West Ham. Hopefully, he won’t take too many points off us in the future or perhaps even finish above us managing a club like Wolves or Southampton.
As much as maybe this is the horribly bitter side of me, I don't think he will, I think he found something good here, that was willing to support him and build a stable environment for him, those clubs you listed wouldn't.

EDIT: Except I think maybe a really clever Southampton.

Last edited:

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

He’ll have to avoid even more bitchy Spain and Italy.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
I agree. However, he won't get a job like he had at Brighton with Tony and the support structure we have - no way.
I think this is a very good point. That support structure makes the Brighton job a very attractive one. Fans are used to giving full credit to managers for a team’s success and full condemnation to them for failure. Potter’s demise illustrates how important our club is to the process and how managers and players simply fit into that system. It’s how all clubs aspiring to success need to be organised.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Don't be surprised to see Nagelsman swapped for Mount. Sounds mad, unprecedented. Could happen..
And Potter at Saints, in the Championship, this summer.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Annoyingly, he’s going to get another #teamslikebrighton into the top 10. It could be Leicester but he might go to somewhere like Palace or West Ham. Hopefully, he won’t take too many points off us in the future or perhaps even finish above us managing a club like Wolves or Southampton.
Just can’t see it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here