Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Potter [NOT] at Chelsea

Potter at Chelsea

• I want him to fail

Votes: 365 48.2%
  • I want him to succeed

Votes: 73 9.6%
  • He's gone. I'm indifferent. Graham who?

Votes: 320 42.2%

• Total voters

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Due to ffp .. I don't think Chelase can afford to sack him until the Summer. It seems that Chelsea had just enough money to sign players for 8 years to reduce the yearly money going out.. I see this is the only reason he hasn't been sacked.. any other club in the planet would of got rid of him..
Except the Albion :wink:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
😬

"Has been told by sources"
hipster GIF

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I enjoyed laughing through Matt Laws article comparing Potter to Mopo early days at Spurs.

With Mopo you could tell what he was trying to do tactics wise and also purge the squad of the toxic players, whilst results were hit and miss at times he managed to get to a final and finish 5th in his first season.

Potter seems to be doing the complete opposite

More Nathan Jones than Mopo

Too many players , that appears to be the problem now

Under-fire Chelsea boss Graham Potter feels bloated squad is ruining his training sessions after club splashed out £553m on new players… amid first signs of owners' faith cracking​

If only he had some control over the squad, he might want to have a word with the manager..... o wait

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
What sort of timescale are you thinking ? The owners may be patient (and credit to them for that) but will they stand for long the grief from the fans ?

Another thing that makes this fascinating to watch.
Well he took the best part of three seasons at BHA to start turning results around and I simply don't believe he will get this long at Chelsea. Unless, he has a really strong turnaround next season ( if he is still there ) is comfortably in the top four and challenging for the PL.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Maybe, just maybe, RDZ might just want a little bit of stability in life for himself and his family right now, after the very scary instability of Ukraine. Unlike Potter, he might just embrace his time here and leave with our collective blessing. Sincerely hope so. Seems like a genuine guy. Potter, on the other hand, can just go **** himself

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
I enjoyed laughing through Matt Laws article comparing Potter to Mopo early days at Spurs.

With Mopo you could tell what he was trying to do tactics wise and also purge the squad of the toxic players, whilst results were hit and miss at times he managed to get to a final and finish 5th in his first season.

If only he had some control over the squad, he might want to have a word with the manager..... o wait
Jones actually won 5 from his 14 in charge; the kind of record Potter could only dream of.

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
Jordan on TalkSport suggesting that Potter should not have gone on record about the death threats, needs to face up to death threats and deal with them apparently, comes with the territory. Apparently lacking leadership skills. Slightly harsh
Slightly harsh...agreed....but begs the follow questions......
1) How did an individual or individuals gain access to his email account? ( He said he was contacted by email )
2) If his email account is linked to Chelsea FC.....who decided it was a good idea to make this public?
3) Was this matter referred to the police? Death threats are normally considered serious enough to do so. The police can then decide whether it is appropriate to release details into the public domain.
4) There are no specifics. How many involved. How long have the threats been happening? He stated that his family had been targetted. Was this via their own individual email accounts or just via his own?.....

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
That's when a manager is sacked. The suggestion is that Potter will quit.

I don't think managers on huge contracts ever quit (unless something better is lined up) - and for good rea$on.

Think it's being suggested it will be more "by mutual consent" after conversations behind closed doors. That way everyone gets to save some dignity and still there is a pay off etc. Obviously if that happens is another thing but some here are suggesting that is how it will end for Potter at Chelsea.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

I read that. A stocker filler of an article “I know, let’s look at this from an angle no one else has to date”. A load of crap.

As a Spurs disliker (soz) I thought Poch was immediately bloody good, carrying on his great work at Stains. Did Levy also poach Alderweirald then, or was a different window?

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Slightly harsh...agreed....but begs the follow questions......
1) How did an individual or individuals gain access to his email account? ( He said he was contacted by email )
2) If his email account is linked to Chelsea FC.....who decided it was a good idea to make this public?
3) Was this matter referred to the police? Death threats are normally considered serious enough to do so. The police can then decide whether it is appropriate to release details into the public domain.
4) There are no specifics. How many involved. How long have the threats been happening? He stated that his family had been targetted. Was this via their own individual email accounts or just via his own?.....
You can pretty much guess work email addresses if you know the company someone works for. And people probably know who Graham works for.

Whether the "sent by" address is as anonymous as the sender would hope is another question.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I read that. A stocker filler of an article “I know, let’s look at this from an angle no one else has to date”. A load of crap.

As a Spurs disliker (soz) I thought Poch was immediately bloody good, carrying on his great work at Stains. Did Levy also poach Alderweirald then, or was a different window?
No one will hate Spurs more than a Spurs fan lol

The problem for a lot of these journos is they all thought he absolutely amazing and are now having to eat humble pie over him.

Toby was Mopos second season, along with Son from memory.

Mopos turn over of players was stupid in first 3 windows, something like 24 players out, all the deadwood and toxic players like Kaboul, the preceded to give youngsters their places.

Chelsea seem to be backing him, so why doesn't he just bin off the players he doesn't want to the reserves.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

The problem for a lot of these journos is they all thought he absolutely amazing and are now having to eat humble pie over him.

Mopos turn over of players was stupid in first 3 windows, something like 24 players out, all the deadwood and toxic players like Kaboul, the preceded to give youngsters their places.

Chelsea seem to be backing him, so why doesn't he just bin off the players he doesn't want to the reserves.
I think I’ve asked you before. If Conte left for whatever reason, would you have Poch back?

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Trying to me a man for all seasons = weak.

A mex eyecan

Nov 3, 2011
That would doubtless work for Potter. The rest of Potter's merry gang doubtless wouldn't fare nearly so well in any pay-off arrangement. A lot of them must be seriously sweating on their futures already. What a complete car crash
oh, I’m sure GP would still view them all as equally important and part of his project and so will gladly see them alright and share out his pot if dosh - not.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I think I’ve asked you before. If Conte left for whatever reason, would you have Poch back?
Depends which one is coming back

First three years, ruthless - yep

Second three, moaning and selecting his favs - nope

I'm convinced he's back in the summer though.

Saw with Adams when he came back he was awful, and he started the Brighton renaissance really in his first stint.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here