Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Posters who refer to players by their nicknames

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
most people on here tend to know eachother from meetups, etc etc, therefore in that case personally I have no problem in calling people by their first name, or someone calling me susan.

If you dont want to then fine...its up to you really. I just dont see the point in getting het up about it

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
I'm not het up Granny Weatherwax - you asked me why I thought it was bad form and I tried to explain my point of view. Of course you can behave any way you like - that's not the point I was making. I was just trying to explain to people who do refer to other posters comments with their real name that it can make other feel excluded and can lead to some confusions about whose point they are responding to.

Merely trying to elucidate on what James and Pete said earlier. I particularly like what Pete said - but then he's a published author so you'd expect him to have a clear view on this sort of subject.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I'm not het up Granny Weatherwax - you asked me why I thought it was bad form and I tried to explain my point of view. Of course you can behave any way you like - that's not the point I was making. I was just trying to explain to people who do refer to other posters comments with their real name that it can make other feel excluded and can lead to some confusions about whose point they are responding to.

Merely trying to elucidate on what James and Pete said earlier. I particularly like what Pete said - but then he's a published author so you'd expect him to have a clear view on this sort of subject.

perhaps I misread this statement

Not as bad as referring to other posters using their real name.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Footballers?

There is no way the players call Adam El-Abd "Kebab". That's just an infantile nickname some little boy on here has come up with.

Even when the posters use players nicknames correctly its still cringeworthy. "Fozzy", you dont know him, so why do you call him that? It's just a lame attempt to try and make it seem as though you are on level terms with him.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Where on earth are Tim, Dan, Frankie, Giant Leslie, Billy and Dorothy?

Haven't seen them on the board at all today.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
There is no way the players call Adam El-Abd "Kebab". That's just an infantile nickname some little boy on here has come up with.

Indeed. They call him BOMBER, which is equally infantile, and considerably less PC... oh , he's all Arab and that, innit, watcha got in ya rucksack, chortle, chortle....

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Even when the posters use players nicknames correctly its still cringeworthy. "Fozzy", you dont know him, so why do you call him that? It's just a lame attempt to try and make it seem as though you are on level terms with him.

i'm lost on this one? When 'everybody' supported The Albion in the late 70's/early 80's, Wardy, Fozzie, Sully, Nobby, Clarkie etc were all household names, It was what we called them.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
There's not a problem with team mates referring to each other by their nicknames, it's just when you hear people at games shouting "Hit it Muzza". If I'm playing football and I hear people who don't know me shouting my nickname from the sideline I'd just end up thinking what a f***ing twat.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I thought all the players nicknames had been changed due to how badly we were playing

God (the exception)

Liability
Donkey
Shithouse
Crapweasel

sicknote
bottler
clueless
short arse

lazy
can't jump

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006

:tosser: f*** off you imbecile. You're the boy as I'm older than you you fool.

He was called that by his team-mates on one of his websites.

:shootself:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here