Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Postcard campaign - Send one to Ruth Kelly TODAY !!

1066gull

I have one for myself, but can I have about 10 more for my mates at college?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Lots of hard work must have gone into producing so many. They are indeed quality. I think it would look better if we all posted them rather than handing them back in for delivery .

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
Is there any way for us exiles to get hold of some? ???

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Djmiles said:
Is there any way for us exiles to get hold of some? ???

Read the original post.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
dougdeep said:
Read the original post.

NOW i see the red writing!:lolol:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
is anyone bringing some along to the brentford game...they ahD all gone in the South Stand area

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is it any better if I post my 12 individually, or can I bung them all in one encelope?

Gilliver's Travels

Peripatetic
Jul 5, 2003
Brighton Marina Village
hans kraay fan club said:
Is it any better if I post my 12 individually, or can I bung them all in one encelope?
We want to give the impression of the widest possible support. At the receiving end, 12 postcards sent independently by separate individuals may look more impressive than a batch of 12 stuffed into one envelope.

But don't worry too much. The main thing is to get as many postcards as possible piled up on Ruth Kelly's desk!

Last edited:

Mr deez

Masterchef
Jan 13, 2005
I've sent nine off today from work folk and will pop into the shop tomorrow to get some more.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
BensGrandad said:
Am I a defeatist but am I the only person who thinks that Ruth Kelly will file these cards as they arrive in a big black sack.

Do we honestly believe that she will be influenced by these cards. Will it affect her decision? Somebody give me an answer because I think that she will make a decision based on representations of fact rather than postcards or gimmicks.

Its a good move, but I thought the FFA campaign was going to try to regain some of the support from the general population of the city which is definately waining.

Surely Ruth Kelly like her predecessor will see these campaigns solely being undertaken by supporters for supporters.

I wonder if a mailshot of cards were to be delivered round selected areas of the city what the amount that would be that would be sent back ? It would certainly get others that would have no intention of ever visiting withdean, but want a facility (not just for football) for their community.

There are literally THOUSANDS of parents who would back Falmer if they knew the benefits the facilities would bring, sadly they are never asked because its all just a bit more difficult than preaching to the converted outside Withdean of a Saturday afternoon.

Rougvie said:
Its a good move, but I thought the FFA campaign was going to try to regain some of the support from the general population of the city which is definately waining.

Surely Ruth Kelly like her predecessor will see these campaigns solely being undertaken by supporters for supporters.

I wonder if a mailshot of cards were to be delivered round selected areas of the city what the amount that would be that would be sent back ? It would certainly get others that would have no intention of ever visiting withdean, but want a facility (not just for football) for their community.

There are literally THOUSANDS of parents who would back Falmer if they knew the benefits the facilities would bring, sadly they are never asked because its all just a bit more difficult than preaching to the converted outside Withdean of a Saturday afternoon.
A leaflet is being produced and will be available shortly. The main target will be residents of Lewes district, but it will serve a wider purpose.

BensGrandad said:
Am I a defeatist but am I the only person who thinks that Ruth Kelly will file these cards as they arrive in a big black sack.

Do we honestly believe that she will be influenced by these cards. Will it affect her decision? Somebody give me an answer because I think that she will make a decision based on representations of fact rather than postcards or gimmicks.
The key thing is to ensure that the Secretary of State is aware of how important the issue is.

If LDC try to argue (as I'm sure they will) that there isn't the public interest to justify invoking the provisions in planning law that allow development in protected countryside, she'll know from her postbag that there is CONSIDERABLE public interest in the outcome.

She also needs to know that a wrong decision might have political consequences.

So ... SEND THOSE POSTCARDS NOW !!

Last edited:

Dennis and Lois

Aug 10, 2006
Two of the 49
gts big bruv said:
getting work colleagues in the czech republic to fill them in and post them should be about ten arriving from a chilly Brno

sendin another half dozen with a London postmark tomorrow.

PS saw Sparta beat Brno 6-0 a few years ago,1000 or so Brno fans sung and jumped around for the whole 90 mins, respect

gts big bruv

Apr 15, 2004
Tavistock
Dennis and Lois said:
sendin another half dozen with a London postmark tomorrow.

PS saw Sparta beat Brno 6-0 a few years ago,1000 or so Brno fans sung and jumped around for the whole 90 mins, respect

yes they do tend to go a bit mental some times , It is like going back to the seventies with the terrace invasions and water cannons ! better than the game sometimes,

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here