p191876926

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
anyone rememer the front of the programme around 1974 whith two guys with a flag with the motto..."Go at Em Brighton"? One of the guys was a schoolmate of mine Peter Deacon....poor chap succumed to kidney failure in the 80's I seem to recall

yes ..havent any of the programmes (they went to the tip when I moved :down:)but I think the picture was taken at a Gillingham away game

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
anyone rememer the front of the programme around 1974 whith two guys with a flag with the motto..."Go at Em Brighton"? One of the guys was a schoolmate of mine Peter Deacon....poor chap succumed to kidney failure in the 80's I seem to recall

Yep, nice lad & always seemed cheerful despite his illness.

m.c.hamster

Jul 9, 2003
Picture under entry number 33

The picture on the left at entry number 33 was taken on a train on the way to the Nottingham Forest league Cup game in the late 70's. Of course this was one of the trains that didn't get to the game and had to - eventually - be turned round and we arrived back in Brighton some time after midnight. Fans spent 12/15 hours on the train and never went anywhere. And we lost 3-1.

Sadly I know this as I am 2nd from the left in the picture (clean shaven and with a mullet) next to an old girlfriend of mine. The flag is also mine and I do actually still have it. But worse than that, we swopped tickets with other people and a friend of mine had to go on the first train which DID get there. B*stard.

I was 20 or 21. I was also at Withdean last Saturday.

I've tried to copy the picture into here but it won't work. Something to do with copyright, possibly

M.C.Hamster
:albion2:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Peter is the guy in the middle with his gloved hand on the "E". You can just make out my mullett behind him:cool:

he went out with a girl at school ( Westlaine)I fancied like hell, but I never got a look in!!

A really nice bloke!

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The picture on the left at entry number 33 was taken on a train on the way to the Nottingham Forest league Cup game in the late 70's. Of course this was one of the trains that didn't get to the game and had to - eventually - be turned round and we arrived back in Brighton some time after midnight. Fans spent 12/15 hours on the train and never went anywhere. And we lost 3-1.

Sadly I know this as I am 2nd from the left in the picture (clean shaven and with a mullet) next to an old girlfriend of mine. The flag is also mine and I do actually still have it. But worse than that, we swopped tickets with other people and a friend of mine had to go on the first train which DID get there. B*stard.

I was 20 or 21. I was also at Withdean last Saturday.

I've tried to copy the picture into here but it won't work. Something to do with copyright, possibly

M.C.Hamster

I

:albion2:

couldn't get a train ticket so took up the offer of a lift from a mate in his sports car. Good lad, we were even home before you poor sods that didn't even get there. So, I'd like to say thanks, again, to the young Derek Chapman!

Incidentally, if anyone can copy the 'memory Corner' pic from this week's Sports Argus, it's a crowd on the way back from Newcastle in 1979. I know, because i was there!

:drink::drink::albion2::ascarf:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here