Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Post your most controversial opinion***

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
NSC comments on opinions about supporting England are an absolute biased shambles of bullshit and hearsay and it’s disgusting that many don’t support their fellow NSC posters.

Sheep sheep sheep

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
You are given your nation - it’s not a choice - and you show it where you can!

I guess I hold a controversial opinion related to this:

The idea of showing fealty or loyalty to a place based on the cosmic pot luck that resulted in a person being born in England rather than Ecuador, for instance, is madness.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

The idea of showing fealty or loyalty to a place based on the cosmic pot luck that resulted in a person being born in England rather than Ecuador, for instance, is madness.

By that logic it’s madness we all support Brighton or Sussex CCC thought :shrug: You can’t choose, you go with what you’re born with imo.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire

So by that logic supporting Brighton because of connections based on pot luck is madness. You may as well join the Barnsley FC forum then.

Aug 13, 2020
Darlington
By that logic it’s madness we all support Brighton or Sussex CCC thought :shrug:

Quite :mad:

People change, for better or worse. There's no point worrying about it if somebody (for example) moves to Japan and finds themselves more invested in the fortunes of the Japanese football team or whatever than in England.

Edit: having said that, those people who claim to support Germany or Argentina or whoever just to make a point can piss right off. I've met people like that who insist they hate the England team right up until the moment England score in a key game and suddenly they're jumping off the sofa just like everybody else.

Last edited:

BBassic

I changed this.
Jul 28, 2011
By that logic it’s madness we all support Brighton or Sussex CCC thought :shrug: You can’t choose, you go with what you’re born with imo.

So by that logic supporting Brighton because of connections based on pot luck is madness. You may as well join the Barnsley FC forum then.

Yep, fully appreciate the logic is flawed. But it's what I think :shrug:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Southgate has a long-term strategy for winning this thing.

Were it not for a comment on Football Weekly I'd be replying 'ohhhhh controversial'.

It hadn't occurred to me till mentioned but I can get behind the theory that GS' plan is to grind through the tournament.

The media and us, have been highlighting all the attacking flair available.
But all of it seems to come up a little short when compared to the flairmeisters of France, Holland and to a slightly lesser extent Belgium & Germany.

So it makes sense to take a pragmatic approach and hope that carries the team forward until such time as flair is needed.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Were it not for a comment on Football Weekly I'd be replying 'ohhhhh controversial'.

It hadn't occurred to me till mentioned but I can get behind the theory that GS' plan is to grind through the tournament.

The media and us, have been highlighting all the attacking flair available.
But all of it seems to come up a little short when compared to the flairmeisters of France, Holland and to a slightly lesser extent Belgium & Germany.

So it makes sense to take a pragmatic approach and hope that carries the team forward until such time as flair is needed.

This is as close to flare as your going to get ENGflares.jpg

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home

Sheer and utter Bollocks

I support Brighton and have done as in 1975 my parents drew a circle around a map of Crawley where he worked, with a 25 mile radius as they were moving to Sussex for my dads job. The circle took in Brighton fc and Crystal Palace and we were buying a lovely house outside Croydon which fell through and we ended up in Brighton ( patcham actually)

The 25 limit was so dad,my bro and I could support a football league side. But for someone dropping out of a house purchase, we would have been palace fans.

Razzoo

Sep 11, 2011
N. Yorkshire
Sheer and utter Bollocks

I support Brighton and have done as in 1975 my parents drew a circle around a map of Crawley where he worked, with a 25 mile radius as they were moving to Sussex for my dads job. The circle took in Brighton fc and Crystal Palace and we were buying a lovely house outside Croydon which fell through and we ended up in Brighton ( patcham actually)

The 25 limit was so dad,my bro and I could support a football league side. But for someone dropping out of a house purchase, we would have been palace fans.

You dodged a bullet there. But what I stated in reply to Bbassic is certainly not sheer and utter bollocks. He or she even admitted It wasn't logical.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here