The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
monday: ivory coast met brazil in cape town

tuesday: spain meet honduras in jo'burg

wednesday: england meet france at the airport

sam86

Feb 18, 2009
BBC news reporter Gabby Logan to Jermaine Defoe: "It's nice to see the shackes have been lifted"

Ahhh, subliminal racism from the BBC.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
BBC news reporter Gabby Logan to Jermaine Defoe: "It's nice to see the shackes have been lifted"

Ahhh, subliminal racism from the BBC.

She was asking that of every person she interviewed, it was blooming annoying, not so much the "racist undertones" but just the inability to keep the interviews interesting, she could ask the same question just in a different way. I mean she had to re-word it for Fabio, that was the only time she varied it. It got very boring, very quickly, and came across as if she had some nefarious plan for a video package that required an england player to say "the shackles are off".

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Glad someone bounced this. Most of the jokes don't work now do they?

Fickle twats

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Glad someone bounced this. Most of the jokes don't work now do they?

Fickle twats

Crikey, someone needs a sense of humour. It's a game of football, not life or death, would you rather people started thread after thread moaning to express their disappointment, or tell jokes to have a bit of a gigle and not take things so seriously, lighten the mood for people who have lost perspective?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Crikey, someone needs a sense of humour. It's a game of football, not life or death, would you rather people started thread after thread moaning to express their disappointment, or tell jokes to have a bit of a gigle and not take things so seriously, lighten the mood for people who have lost perspective?

He's right though. A lot of the jokes don't really work, cos we aren't actually shit, are we?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

No I don't think you should make any jokes on your own. As for thread after thread moaning - did you read NSC after Algeria / the week before that / before the tourno started etc etc...?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
There are loads up on sickipedia, including:

Whom are the England team going to meet after the first round of the World Cup?

Angry fans at the airport.

Ah right - scanned through the thread and see why you reacted - cos the one you posted has 100% not happened... Don't worry - i'd be embarrassed too - it's ok... :)

Cecil

Feb 8, 2008
Heathfield
Ah right - scanned through the thread and see why you reacted - cos the one you posted has 100% not happened... Don't worry - i'd be embarrassed too - it's ok... :)

Whom are the England team going to meet after the Second round of the World Cup?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
:shit:
Whom are the England team going to meet after the Second round of the World Cup?

:shit:

Always one... That's not what you said earlier!

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
He's right though. A lot of the jokes don't really work, cos we aren't actually shit, are we?

But when deconstructed, most jokes don't work, but it doesn't stop them being made or laughed at.

When people are depressed after a loss, logic is put aside and many of the jokes about England being shit/an embarrassment tickle the funny bone for some people.

Getting pissy because people made the jokes in the first place is bad enough, but to gloat that they no longer work (when they never did anyway) instead of simply enjoying success and progression to the next round, is just being a miserable git, and personally I find the "don't dare have fun while things aren't going as smoothly as anticipated" far more depressing and annoying then any number of miserable "we're shit, why are we playing heskey, let's put rooney up front on his own, gerrard just behind him, bring on joe cole, drop lampard, why isn't walcott there, we should have an english manager, this is all because the premiership doesn't use english players enough, the press are manipulating you into hating capello/terry" doom mongering posts.

Last edited:

Tomnorthi

Jan 2, 2010
BN15
Breaking news from the england camp: Heskey has just smashed a volley into the net.....Turns out he is shit at tennis as well.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
The world cup has turned out just like WW2. The French surrendered early, the USA arrive last minute, and we are left to fight the f***ing Germans.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

By what perspective? The level of negativity in this country is embarrassingly ridiculous. We've made the quarters of the last few tournaments, that puts us in the Top 8 countries in the world consistently. There are a couple of hundred countries in the world. We are GOOD.

We've lost ONE competitive game under Capello, and embarrassed Croatia (two places below us) twice. We've beaten Germany in the last couple of years with our reserve team, and outplayed Holland.

Get some f***ing perspective people. We ARE a good team. I know as the English we're not allowed to be positive, but f*** it, I'm fed up of how cynical we are.

The Germans don't often have ultra-skilled players, I'd say they often have squads about the standard of ours, but their positive mentality is for me the main reason they consistently get further than us.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
By what perspective? The level of negativity in this country is embarrassingly ridiculous. We've made the quarters of the last few tournaments, that puts us in the Top 8 countries in the world consistently. There are a couple of hundred countries in the world. We are GOOD.

We've lost ONE competitive game under Capello, and embarrassed Croatia (two places below us) twice. We've beaten Germany in the last couple of years with our reserve team, and outplayed Holland.

Get some f***ing perspective people. We ARE a good team. I know as the English we're not allowed to be positive, but f*** it, I'm fed up of how cynical we are.

The Germans don't often have ultra-skilled players, I'd say they often have squads about the standard of ours, but their positive mentality is for me the main reason they consistently get further than us.

Well said sir. :clap:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Fucks sake. I really can't believe some people are getting all precious about a few harmless jokes about an underachieving (as they were when the jokes were posted) football team.

It's called gallows humour. It's an English trait to be able to laugh at oneself, a trait we should be proud of IMHO. f*** me, if I couldn't laugh about The Albion at times, I'd be suicidal by now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here