Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post Office hit new low in service delivery

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Wait until Royal Mail decide the post isn't being delivered quick enough after they have got the posties to jog on their rounds and 5 walks are condensed and done by 3 individuals. It will end up with americanisation , anyone with only the pavement between their abode and the street/road will get post delivered through the letterbox , everyone else will have to get a postbox at the end of their drive/front garden.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
NOT BAD? You are joking?

It's over 40 miles from where it should be and not even the same postal area (Weybridge is KT, Hurstpierpoint BN). There's absolutely nothing in the address that could be confused with my address. How is that "not bad"? :nono:

Get a life mate!! If you have nothing else to worry about apart from a misplaced letter then you should get out more!!!

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
i actually get my post at 3pm in the afternoon which i think is dreadfull

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Well complain to the regulator.
As delivery is being pushed further and further back.

I do hope you didn't complain about our strike 2 years ago.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
because of where we live he sorts the mail out at 8am and then he travels to another place to coleect the rest of the mail and then starts his round at 11.30 and doesn't get to us till 3pm which can be very frustrating i know its not his fault he's only doing his job as he is told if i did complain nothing would be done about it so whats the point

NOT BAD? You are joking?

It's over 40 miles from where it should be and not even the same postal area (Weybridge is KT, Hurstpierpoint BN). There's absolutely nothing in the address that could be confused with my address. How is that "not bad"? :nono:

No I'm not, look how many items and addresses that Royal Mail has to deliver to six days a week. They do make the odd mistake and are not perfect.

I generally get delivered the wrong houses mail sometime after midday, this is also in hurstpierpoint, the service is frankly disgusting

You can thank New Labour and Postcomm for the mess that Royal Mail are currently in.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
because of where we live he sorts the mail out at 8am and then he travels to another place to coleect the rest of the mail and then starts his round at 11.30 and doesn't get to us till 3pm which can be very frustrating i know its not his fault he's only doing his job as he is told if i did complain nothing would be done about it so whats the point

Remember a few years ago 95% of the country had their mail by 9:30am and then maybe another letter at about 11:30am. It was not us postmen that changed this!

Thank New Labour and Postcomm for this standard of service, and wait till the Tories get in next year. Royal Mail will be privatised and the declining service that the public have to put up with now will get much, much worse.
Another public service down the drain.

Remember a few years ago 95% of the country had their mail by 9:30am and then maybe another letter at about 11:30am. It was not us postmen that changed this!

Hear hear! New Labour and Postcomm are the fuckers to blame.

veade

Feb 19, 2005
Boston
our post has never come before 12 (we have lived here for 9 years) but as you know it is always the person at the forfront that gets the blame (not by me) and its not there fault

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Cobbydale
We never get our mail before 2pm and regularly we get neighbours mail and they get ours. Exactly how difficult is it to compare a number on piece of paper with one on the door, and stick through the little slot. Not exactly feckin rocket science is it.

Same with bin men up here. Haven't had rubbish collected for 2 weeks coz they feel that they should be paid an arm and a leg to wheel the bin 6yds to the back of the lorry (we've already pushed 5 or 6 times that distance for them) and press a button.

Time to start training chimps I think!

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
We never get our mail before 2pm and regularly we get neighbours mail and they get ours. Exactly how difficult is it to compare a number on piece of paper with one on the door, and stick through the little slot. Not exactly feckin rocket science is it.

At a rough guess i would say that it must be a royal mail manager delivering to you!

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Same with bin men up here. Haven't had rubbish collected for 2 weeks coz they feel that they should be paid an arm and a leg to wheel the bin 6yds to the back of the lorry (we've already pushed 5 or 6 times that distance for them) and press a button.

With the bin men, are they on strike because they are getting paid about 18k a year but the council have suddenly said "we have been paying you all to much so we are going to cut 6k a year from your wages overnight"
I think they have cause to complain to be honest!!

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Apart from Birthdays and Christmas I very, very rarely post letters anymore.

Bank, c/cards bills etc all on line.

10% less mail last year than the year before overall.

That's why a complete overhaul is required. Starting by getting people like Dave Ward of the CWU into the 21st Century.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Thank New Labour and Postcomm for this standard of service, and wait till the Tories get in next year. Royal Mail will be privatised and the declining service that the public have to put up with now will get much, much worse.
Another public service down the drain.

The really sad thing about RM being privatised is the likelihood of the pension scheme , already with a large deficit getting dumped into the Government's Pension Protection Fund to make RM more attractive to flog off without having a pension millstone around its neck. Easy for the Tories to sell off RM for £15 billion and only put in £10 billion into the PPF.

marshallmercury

Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Apart from Birthdays and Christmas I very, very rarely post letters anymore.

Bank, c/cards bills etc all on line.

10% less mail last year than the year before overall.

That's why a complete overhaul is required. Starting by getting people like Dave Ward of the CWU into the 21st Century.

I think your find that Dave Ward is in the 22nd century already which is why he is trying to fight to save a company which was once the envy of every postal service in the world.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
We've got a bloody good postal service in this country.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here