Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Help] Post length

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
This board can be Jekyll & Hyde. If someone starts a thread saying they're struggling with their mental health, they will mainly get empathic responses and anyone being a tw@t will be told to do one from the thread. But threads have been started lately as thinly veiled moans about posters. There's another one going about ignore user, thread option, there was a similar one last week.

This forum can be a great source of support, but it sometimes gets bitchier than Mumsnet. I write long posts and I don't care if someone writes TL;DR as a response. I wouldn't care if I'm in the top 10 of ignored users. It does upset some users though, I can think of at least 2 long term posters who no longer post due to people being toxic, no one needs that in their life. Admittedly there have been times where I've been angry about something in my real life & I've let that spill into my posts. Not at any poster in particular because I think you're all a bunch of tw@ts. 😁

That's my 3 paragraphs up, nicely spaced and as concise as I can be bothered.

TL;DR.... Meh. ;)
Much appreciated, now tell me more of this mumsnet........is it any good?
What subjects do they have ?
Do you need to be mum like?

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Much appreciated, now tell me more of this mumsnet........is it any good?
What subjects do they have ?
Do you need to be mum like?
As far as I know you don't need to be a 'Mum' but I'd say if you wasn't a parent, being there would be slightly odd, unless of course you were there to troll.

You'd have to look at the subjects yourself but I'm sure there's a variety. It's probably safe to assume that it's a female oriented board so there's probably stuff about periods and menopause but there will probably be football stuff somewhere if you do a search. (y)

Right Brain Ronnie

Feb 20, 2023
North of North
As far as I know you don't need to be a 'Mum' but I'd say if you wasn't a parent, being there would be slightly odd, unless of course you were there to troll.

You'd have to look at the subjects yourself but I'm sure there's a variety. It's probably safe to assume that it's a female oriented board so there's probably stuff about periods and menopause but there will probably be football stuff somewhere if you do a search. (y)
Great I'm a parent, I do people troll on there as well as on here then?

After seeing the subject titles I think I may avoid it, sounds like a binfest.👍

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
I debated signing up to MumsNet to troll before, but only because somebody on another forum I use once did a shit in a woods, stuck a flag in it with his username on and took a photo of it.

I reckon signing up under that username, being slightly unhinged before dropping said photo would be really, really funny.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here