[Help] Post length

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Maybe not, as some spoilsport has deleted my 20,000 character masterpiece :cry:
Yes - sorry. That was me.

I was trying to quickly read the thread on my phone during a brief lunch break and having to scroll through your 20'000 character masterpiece really irritated me, so when I'd finally got to the end, I junked it. Probably just me.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Two major factors for me.

Spacing as @Bozza mentioned - a huge BLOCK of text is basically unreadable, and feels lazily delivered.

The other factor being who the poster is. Some are far too self indulgent. IMO.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
It's all quite subjective isn't it.

People are much happier to read a long post when it supports their confirmation bias. That's just human nature.

In the context of NSC and the fact that we're interacting with each other, I do feel there need to be some balance and etiquette if there's a conversation (disagreement) in progress.

It can be quite irritating if I write an opinion on a thread that's, for argument's sake, a paragraph long, and someone who disagrees comes back with 10 paragraphs and a load of links telling me why I'm wrong. I wrote a paragraph because that's all I've got the time and inclination to do, I haven't got time or inclination to sift through and provide counter arguments to someone's essay.

It's maybe for a different thread but, IMHO, posters carrying political arguments around unrelated threads is the biggest blight on this board.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
I read absolutely everything - if it's interesting.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Yes - sorry. That was me.

I was trying to quickly read the thread on my phone during a brief lunch break and having to scroll through your 20'000 character masterpiece really irritated me, so when I'd finally got to the end, I junked it. Probably just me.

I’d have done the exact same, tbh

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm 100% certain that one specific username came to each of our minds upon opening this thread. :ROFLMAO:
I can only imagine how bad the person concerned (who posts longer posts even than me) feels about posts like this. :down:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
I can only imagine how bad the person concerned (who posts longer posts even than me) feels about posts like this. :down:
I’d genuinely hope they’d take it as a strong hint that their posting style (or length) may not be largely popular (or tolerated by some) and a change in style (or length) might be worth a try - if they were bothered by my kind of comment.

On the flip-side, the person concerned doesn’t give two hoots about my feelings and has made that bizarrely, aggressively clear.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I’d genuinely hope they’d take it as a strong hint that their posting style (or length) may not be largely popular (or tolerated by some) and a change in style (or length) might be worth a try - if they were bothered by my kind of comment.

On the flip-side, the person concerned doesn’t give two hoots about my feelings and has made that bizarrely, aggressively clear.
True, and really? That's sad. Having been described, myself, as my 'own worst enemy' I can sympathize a bit with people who appear to be their won worst enemy. Anyway I should keep my nose out of it.

I have been making an effort to wind my neck in. I hope it shows. :wink:

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
True, and really? That's sad. Having been described, myself, as my 'own worst enemy' I can sympathize a bit with people who appear to be their won worst enemy. Anyway I should keep my nose out of it.

I’ve always been a fan of yours, I mentioned this a couple of weeks back too.
I implore you to not change a thing 😊

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex

I can't say I have noticed... but then again, I only read the first half of most of your posts :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here