Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post by c,e,o. Of sussex

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
It's only £2.50 FFS.

for EVERY ticket, no matter how many you buy. If you wanted 4, theres an extra £10 for no reason.

If it was per transaction, then fair enough, as all the tickets go in the same envelope after a transaction, if a person buys four tickets, they dont receive 4 tickets in 4 different envelopes. So why charge someone four times for something theyve done once?

I guess it generates an extra £10,000.......

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
for EVERY ticket, no matter how many you buy. If you wanted 4, theres an extra £10 for no reason.

If it was per transaction, then fair enough, as all the tickets go in the same envelope after a transaction, if a person buys four tickets, they dont receive 4 tickets in 4 different envelopes. So why charge someone four times for something theyve done once?

I guess it generates an extra £10,000.......

Yeah £2.50 per transaction would have been fairer perhaps. It's still only a cockle if you buy 4 tickets though and if you don't want to pay it you have the choice to:

a) Buy from Lord's website.
b) Buy it from Pants.
c) Not go.

The club do have make money somehow.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
We will get about £50k if we win it and half that if we lose

Blimey - that's rubbish.... no wonder the club are charging 'a little bit extra' on the tickets.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
SeaFret
Frequent user
Frequent user

PostPosted: 10 Jul 2009 20:48 Post subject: Reply with quote
club303 wrote:
some very good points made in the responses to this message.

it doesn't feel right to me to see this sort of communication from the club to a customer. a well handled complaint generally leads to increased customer loyalty.

Okay, I think it is time to put this one to bed. I'm surprised and pleased that this thread hasn't been taken down- I didn't think I was particularly offensive first time round but clearly struck a raw nerve with the CEO (also wish I'd taken Singapore up on his £5 bet- although £2.50 may have been a more appropriate stake). Thank you to the people who have contributed, other than voicing a personal grievance, I wanted to start a debate about this issue. I was particularly impressed with SussexScot who wrote a very eloquent, incisive and even-handed response. What is done is done but I hope that club may at least review their policy regarding booking fees for future events.

Counting the days to Lords and that, ultimately, is what matters most

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
singapore

10 Jul 2009 20:59 Post subject:
I see there are some interesting reply's to this thread by Mr D Brooks over his reply to Seafret's first thread which was deleted i had read it along with 3rdman.and must say i thought that Seafret had a point in parts of his thread, but i think he could had done it a little bit more calmer and really he should not have done it in such a way that it was responded so badly by the CEO,

Seafret should have sent a letter in to the CEO re his problem on the day it happened and both parties could then have got together and talked over the problem in question.

I do not think that our CEO, Mr D Brooks also should have let himself down and responded in such a poor and tasteless way and laying down the law to seafret it serves no purpose in putting out a reply like he has and also involving himself in members grievances on a open forum i will leave it like that for now and hope both party's can get together and agree and clear things up nicely in this matter as it not good for the image of the club.

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
£47.50 for Lord's Final tickets is a bargain when you think about the money wasted watching the Albion play badly for much of last season.

I will save my get anger for when the ECB destroy the county game.

the viscount

May 15, 2008
hove by the sea
Ladies and Gentleman

Thank you all for your comments - we seem to have come to an amicable closure point on this area . . . and perhaps the best thing to have done would have been to just remove the comment rather than respond.

As you can tell, I am passionate about bringing the best to this Club and I think we have had a pretty good start. I believe in the Message Board as a good forum for our supporters communicating about cricket, the Club and life in general - however, I will always draw the line where one individual is personally targeted . . . and that should apply to players, club officers and staff, and fellow boarders so please bear that in mind.

I like to pride myself on being very accessible as a Chief Executive, regularly circling the Ground on match days so that those who want to chat can and also by having my email, direct office line, and mobile numbers clearly in the public domain. Those who have taken the option of using these routes have generally been satisfied and comforted by the replies given so I would urge everyone to use this route should they have any issues . . . all comments directed to me are dealt with by me personally.

I did attempt to email Seafret personally but the email linked to the name was invalid so I guess I made the incorrect call in this instance in feeling the need to post. The paternal instincts of the pack leader took over . . . rather than my gut instinct of "let it pass". Hey, life goes on - we live, we learn.

So, see you on the Boundary, in the office, or in my email inbox sometime soon and now lets get back to supporting our excellent young team at Arundel, at Lords, and on the road to India via the T20 !

Kind regards

Dave Brooks
Chief Executive of Sussex Cricket
Sussex County Cricket Club
The County Ground, Eaton Road
Hove, East Sussex.
BN3 3AN

m: 07831 787382
t: 01273 827130
f: 01273 774396
e: dave.brooks@sussexcricket.co.uk
w: Sussex County Cricket Club