Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Post a picture of your favourite beers

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
I have a very "when in Rome" attitude towards beers, not just because it's the right thing to do but because they taste so much better on their own turf. I never thought Harveys tasted half as good even in London, say (not that that ever stopped me drinking it there).

Of course I love and miss this, very much:

Pint-of-Harveys-09-10-2010-13-57-58.jpg

And for strong family reasons - as well as the beer being lovely - I'll always love this stuff too, even if my cousin maintains they've slyly tinkered with the recipe ever since the logo changed from an anchor to a crown:

konig-pilsener.jpg

Although absolutely the loveliest beer I've ever tasted was one of these in Bavaria:

large-hacker-pschorr-weisse.jpg

And these days over here, this stuff really is bloody lovely and not just in relation to the mainstream awful dishwater American lagers but in its own right:

samuel_adams_boston_ale.5etisv4x1jwg04gs48kcsso00.6ylu316ao144c8c4woosog48w.th.jpeg

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
When I first went to the States (about 10 years ago) I was prepared to hate their beers. But I have been surprised how decent some of them are. It's a lovely feeling carrying a carrier with half a dozen cold beers rouds to a mates house for a BBQ on a warm Florida evening. Yuengling is not half bad for a mass produced beer.

If I could only ever have one beer again though it would be the stunning:

Hop_Back_Brewery_Summer_Lightning_Golden_Ale_5.0__163_2.25.jpg

Even die-hard CAMRAnistas have been surprised at how good the beer is in the States. Yuengling is the oldest beer in the USA.

Alex Hall, a co-founder of Glastonwick, is helping to set up a microbrewery called Wandering Star in Pittsfield, Massachusetts. They are just starting to roll out their beers in New York. The mild is very promising – definitely worth supporting if you are ever this way.

http://site.wanderingstarbrewing.com/

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Right, 15 minutes and I'm out of the office and around twenty paces into an Arundel pub ... Harvey's, Arundel or Guinness ... which beer .. you decide?

Amahwrang

I usually am
Feb 2, 2011
Glasgow
A german brewer in Glasgow making decent beer to the Rheinheitsgebot brewing law. Quality can some times be a bit off but when it's good it is good!
west.jpg

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks

Fantastic, saved me finding a picture of it!

However probably only tastes good at the La Paz altitude (not that I've seen it over here). Certainly the case with Cusquena, could of drunk it for hours in Cusco yet the stuff thats suddenly turned up in Tesco's tastes nothing like it!. People always said it tasted better over there because of the altitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here