Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible way to get crowds in

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
The club setting up a direct debit / standing order at the start of each season (obviously part way through this season) where supporters can choose how much money is debited from their account each week / month for instance.

This will then provide the club with money and supporters with 'credits' to buy match tickets.

Lets say £8 a week coming out your account, not a lot of money. That would probably give supporters enough 'credit' to purchase a ticket for 2 out of every 3 home games.

It would then seem not so much a strain as literally 'choosing' a game, phoning up and parting with £25.

Could this in anyway become a possibility because I think it could work. Although you would still be selecting the games you wish to go to, crowds wouldn't just be up for the 'big' games.

Any thoughts?

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
They struggle to answer the phone in the club shop, let alone handle something as complex as this

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
BHAFC could release a card where people can charge it like a phone top up.
Ie people could ask for £10 on their BHAFC top up card for their birthday and then put towards matches, merchandise etc.

Using the card could give you 20% off tick prices etc.

Last edited:

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
They struggle to answer the phone in the club shop, let alone handle something as complex as this

Just an observation like, I rang the ticket line yesterday, answerd in three rings and within 5 mins had confirmed two tix for last nights game, got the ground at 1920 and picked them up no fuss.

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Just an observation like, I rang the ticket line yesterday, answerd in three rings and within 5 mins had confirmed two tix for last nights game, got the ground at 1920 and picked them up no fuss.

just an observation like - but I was being sarcastic, their reputation for handling phone calls is not great, it's not bad all the time, but this is certainly a stretch too far for the lovely people, bless'em

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Legally, I can imagine there might be a problem with 'consideration', i.e. what you get for the money you transfer across to the club.

With other Direct Debits / Standing Orders you normally enter into some sort of contract for goods /services at the start, but the problem with a "credit" is to what does it apply - a season ticket? An individal match ticket? Merchandise? What contract precisely are the club and payer entering into?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Legally, I can imagine there might be a problem with 'consideration', i.e. what you get for the money you transfer across to the club.

With other Direct Debits / Standing Orders you normally enter into some sort of contract for goods /services at the start, but the problem with a "credit" is to what does it apply - a season ticket? An individal match ticket? Merchandise? What contract precisely are the club and payer entering into?

Not much different from a gift voucher, is it?

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Not a bad idea although they will have to have a good admin system to cope.

Also would think a fiver would be better.

Certainly worth the club doing some research

Certainly. £5 x 52 weeks = £260 per year. That would be the equivilent of 11 tickets (£23.50) in one season which isn't far of half the league games.

Obviously, supporters could vary their weekly / monthly debit according to how many games they intend to watch a season.

But £5 a week........

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
It's a great idea, but potentially an administrative NIGHTMARE.

What about a club-branded pre-paid debit card which we could load with money according to what we can afford and as long as we use the card to buy our tickets, we get, say 10%, off the cost of tickets.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
What about SUPERFAN cards.

The MORE you pay the more of a SUPERFAN you are.

cardboard

Jul 8, 2003
Mile Oak
It's a great idea, but potentially an administrative NIGHTMARE.

What about a club-branded pre-paid debit card which we could load with money according to what we can afford and as long as we use the card to buy our tickets, we get, say 10%, off the cost of tickets.

Is that not what i said earlier in this thread???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here