Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible way to get crowds in

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Not much different from a gift voucher, is it?

I think it is. A gift voucher is two different contracts. The first one is the person buying the voucher, they hand over money in return for something with the same money value end of contract.

The second one is someone handing over a voucher which the shop choose to accept instead of money in return for goods.

The idea here is that you would pay money and only choose the service (or game in this case) that you are getting at a later date.

Caveman

Jul 14, 2003
Spend more than £50 at the club shop and get a free BOBBLE HAT

Did you go last night or were you painting your nails / shopping this time around? :lol:

Anyhow, back to subject, maybe come Thursday if there is no sign of a big crowd on the cards the club then hands out 300 odd tickets free of charge to local schools, two per child who is interested and they can then come along with a friend or parent. They use to do this at the Goldstone and it worked with me.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
BHAFC could release a card where people can charge it like a phone top up.
Ie people could ask for £10 on their BHAFC top up card for their birthday and then put towards matches, merchandise etc.

Using the card could give you 20% off tick prices etc.

GENIUS idea that.. i'd use it if given the option..

C'MON DICK AND CO..

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
It's nothing like a gift voucher because when you hand over your tenner you get a £10 gift voucher back. Here, you pay your tenner but get nothing back.

I think the club that once the club have serviced the STHs they should take bookings for all remaining unsold tickets for all home fixtures on the net. For a fixed period these could be discounted to similar level just above STHs.

Example: Season Ticket = £360 = £15 per ticket.
Other tickets £20.00 per ticket until 31st July. You order online, you pay by credit card, you get your ticket. This should guarantee all big matches sell out well in advance.

You've then got the option of selling remaining tickets from £15 upwards without pissing off the STHs. Those that bought for the good matches at £20 might, if they've enjoyed themselves, be quite happy to pay £15-£20 for these remaining games.

Kenhead

Oct 1, 2003
Brighton
How about doing what bradford did?

I think i'm right in saying that there are about 4,000 STH. If the club said that 6,000 people signed up to season tickets, they would reduce them by 25%.

So useing £460 as an example:
25% off would make it £345, 23 games at that price is £15 (which most people are willing to pay on the Ticket Exchange)

So,
4,000 STH Times £460 is £1,840,000
6,000 STH Times £345 is £2,070,000

The club would also increase revenue this way aswell.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How about doing what bradford did?

I think i'm right in saying that there are about 4,000 STH. If the club said that 6,000 people signed up to season tickets, they would reduce them by 25%.

So useing £460 as an example:
25% off would make it £345, 23 games at that price is £15 (which most people are willing to pay on the Ticket Exchange)

So,
4,000 STH Times £460 is £1,840,000
6,000 STH Times £345 is £2,070,000

The club would also increase revenue this way aswell.

That sounds like an excellent idea to me, but it must be a thoroughly flawed idea though or someone at the club who is PAID to work these things out would have already suggested it ..no??

rrruss

Wandering Seagull
Why don't they just bring in fitter cheerleaders with less clothing?

All top flight games in Argentina have cheerleaders wearing not a lot.

17143-boca-cheerleaders-buenos-aires-argentina.jpg

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Don't think there IS a way to bring the crowds in to Withdean, other than to play Leeds United first team or Chelsea youth team. A game against Arsenal ladies team might just work...

Nah, f*** 'em. Just stick with the same five thousand good souls til we get to Falmer then give the five thousand faithful PLATINUM PRIVILEGES over the cherry-pickers and the glory-hunters and the just plain gormless. Free pint of Harveys and an Uncle Sams doublechilliburgerlargefries every home game for every SUPERFAN :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here