Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Brighton] Possible Strikers

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I’m not particularly concerned with how things are currently, BUT, if we lose Welbeck, Bissouma and White then I might start getting a tad restless.

If we're to lose both Biss and White it's very doubtful Mr Bloom would have ramped up the top 10 pressure.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Isn’t Zeqiri a left sided striker? He surely needs more of an opportunity in season 2.

At a championship club.

He'd have been straight out on loan as 'one for the future' were the club not so inept at signing and/or developing strikers.

There's no way he would have stayed in any other established Premier League squad.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
At a championship club.

He'd have been straight out on loan as 'one for the future' were the club not so inept at signing and/or developing strikers.

There's no way he would have stayed in any other established Premier League squad.

I think there could be a lot of truth in your statement, although the progress and development of Moder, Karbownik & Caceido may suggest he would've stayed around the squad whilst he develops. That is a key strategy for our own academy players to gain experience out on loan however signing players who have already broken into their own first team and gained some playing time may not follow the same route

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think there could be a lot of truth in your statement, although the progress and development of Moder, Karbownik & Caceido may suggest he would've stayed around the squad whilst he develops. That is a key strategy for our own academy players to gain experience out on loan however signing players who have already broken into their own first team and gained some playing time may not follow the same route

Not when that experience is Swiss Div 2 and Under 21's football.

Don't get me wrong this isnt boooooo get rid or anything silly like that.

I'm just saying the only reason he has a fan club now, and last season, is because of everyone else and very little to do him as a player.

Lurchy

Jul 2, 2014
Mentioned this on another thread, but if we’re looking for a young left footed striker like Nico who can play as a wide forward, is tricky with explosive pace and has good movements off the ball then Jordan Larsson ticks all of those boxes. He also out performs his xg.

https://youtu.be/Tmdm_RMdgMI

deslynhamsmoustache1

Apr 25, 2010
RAF Tangmere
We’ve got a serious goal deficiency in our front line, I’ve nothing against Zeqiri but I’m not sure we can afford to take a season of settling him in.

His work rate is fantastic, particularly in the high press where Trossard is found wanting. I think he's one of those players that once he gets one he will get a hat full especially in a year learning his craft on loan in a championship promotion chasing team such as West Brom, Fulham or Forrest.???

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
At a championship club.

I think he has some outstanding qualities and could easily see him scoring 15 goals for us in a season but maybe not until he is 24 or 25. That’s about par for most strikers.

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
His work rate is fantastic, particularly in the high press where Trossard is found wanting. I think he's one of those players that once he gets one he will get a hat full especially in a year learning his craft on loan in a championship promotion chasing team such as West Brom, Fulham or Forrest.???

I agree that he’d definitely benefit from a good Championship loan.

AlbionInUs

Oct 11, 2019
US
Updated list:
D0A2B4F9-3684-4F16-A54C-FEDA8A3B0FB3.jpeg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here