Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible candidates for Brighton and Hove Albion manager.

Here are a list of some of the top/high profile guys out of work.
.Tony Adams
.John Barness
.Steve Coppell
.Alan Curbishley
.Steve Cotterill
.Gareth Southgate
.Bryan Gunn
.Paul Jewell
.Kevin Keegan
.David O,Learly
.Glenn Roeder
.Graeme Souness
.Peter Taylor
.Dennis Wise
They a few of many but are all the best or in John Barness case, high profile. I have heard on here rumors of Barness, Coppell, Wise and Souness. Maybe Taylor, Adams or even Southgate are realistic options.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Is aidy boothroyd still out of work? On that list I would say coppell is the best but it would be quite hypocritical to get him after everyone said "never go back" after Adams failure.

I would LOVE alan curbishly to come here though.

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Boothroyd's at Colchester.

We may not necessarily get someone who's out of work, you know!!

Yoda

English & European
.Tony Adams NO
.John Barness NO
.Steve Coppell YES
.Alan Curbishley YES
.Steve Cotterill Unsure
.Gareth Southgate NO
.Bryan Gunn NO
.Paul Jewell NO
.Kevin Keegan NO
.David O,Learly Maybe if most of Wilkins young team were still here
.Glenn Roeder NO
.Graeme Souness NO
.Peter Taylor NO
.Dennis Wise NO

My own personal view.

chez

Johnny Byrne-The Greatest
Jul 5, 2003
Wherever The Mood Takes Me
If we could get Curbs then for me that would be the best appointment.

If not then for me it's between Wise & Coppell. I would have gone for Coppell easily out of the two but I am concerned about the "going back" thing.

Dennis Wise would be brilliant for us morale wise, whether some of the more fickle Brighton fans would give him a chance is a different matter.

Whoever Bloom decides on he has to give them time.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
why are the rumours always for a "big name"? most of which would far rather wait for a high profile job or are based the wrong end of the country.

I'm a big fan of Coppell - intelligent, balanced, considered, badged up and a student of the game - but I wouldn't go for him; Never Go Back ! Same for Peter Taylor....and didn't he just go to Ipswich anyway?
Southgate's a localish lad but 'Boro had to make allowances for him to get his badges - he wasn't qualified for the job initially. Plus, I'm sure he would want to go back to Prem (Hull City in a few weeks?).
There's a few on the list I wouldn't touch with a barge pole - unproven, prone to quitting when the going gets tough, inappropriate for our level of football etc

David O'Nearly - no thanks..

One that hasn't been mentioned is available (aside from TV work), has a pro-licence, is intelligent, well balanced, has played at a decent level, has good contacts and is, I understand from a good source a damn fine coach. I believe he also has a degree in engineering as well..... Ladies and Gentlemen, I give you.....Iain Dowie (and we might get his brother Bob too, who is at least an A licence coach and good at it too.

why are the rumours always for a "big name"? most of which would far rather wait for a high profile job or are based the wrong end of the country.

I am not trying to start or have started rumors. I have just listed possible candidates and have shown NSC who are the best in the country, unemployed at the moment. Looking at that list Taylor, Barness and perhaps Cotterill are the only ones who you could say would accept the job if you offered it to them right now.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
If we could get Curbs then for me that would be the best appointment.

If not then for me it's between Wise & Coppell. I would have gone for Coppell easily out of the two but I am concerned about the "going back" thing.

Dennis Wise would be brilliant for us morale wise, whether some of the more fickle Brighton fans would give him a chance is a different matter.

Whoever Bloom decides on he has to give them time.

spot on

no mention of terry connor.......not fussed myself

Dowie ok but palace

Rodfox

Jan 6, 2008
It isn't always a big name that gets success. In divisions below us there is a club arguably bigger than bha, or same size, with similar crowds, who have been transformed by someone they weren't expecting to be appointed. Like bha they were expecting a big name, but would never turn the clock back now. Oxford United.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here