Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Possible"Big bid for an Albion Player" according to Naylor.

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Unless, for example, it's a big signing we made that on paper hasn't worked out... And a club might think we would sell at a similar price we paid. Just a thought and pure speculation. I have no insider knowledge on this one

Like who, Harley?

I admit he hasn't been good enough but he hasn't even had half a season with us.

Hoskins and Buckley are the only other "big" signings you could argue haven't worked out on paper. But only if that paper ignores their injuries. Both are more than good enough for us and I see no reason why another club would want to take a gamble on either given they've not been fit enough to date.

Or am I missing someone else totally obvious?

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Like who, Harley?

I admit he hasn't been good enough but he hasn't even had half a season with us.

Hoskins and Buckley are the only other "big" signings you could argue haven't worked out on paper. But only if that paper ignores their injuries. Both are more than good enough for us and I see no reason why another club would want to take a gamble on either given they've not been fit enough to date.

Or am I missing someone else totally obvious?

Yes.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
The fact West Ham turned down a bid for Tomkins suggests it Dunk.

But the way Naylor tweeted made it sound like a surprise so I'm thinking Bridcutt is also a possibility.

It does say a bid though, so doesn't mean the club will even accept it.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
I depends what he thinks is big.if it's in the millions then it can only be dunk or bridcutt.if it's approaching a million then it could be noone.
Other than that I have no idea.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patron
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
Maybe someone I mentioned earlier in the thread, who hasn't scored as many goals as we would hope. On paper CMS hasn't worked out. On paper I hasten to repeat

As above. I wouldn't put it past West Ham to put in a sneaky bid for him.

Wilka

Nov 18, 2003
Burgess Hill
Losing Dunk wouldn't be the end of the world as we have decent options. Losing Bridcutt or one of our better wingers would be bad news though.

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
CMS was Gus' marquee signing, is a fans favourite and contributes SO MUCH to the team. Sheer lunacy to suggest he might be going anywhere, particularly as we paid BIG for him and would need to make money on a deal for it to be in any way worthwhile.

I don't think we'll see any bids for CMS, not even cheeky ones

Marshal Josip Tito

Маршал н
Nov 29, 2011
Yugoslavia
Elliott Bennett :shrug:

It's a different story in the Summer transfer window. If an opportunity comes in to play in the Premier League the player will want to go and after that you've little hope of holding on to him. In the January window should such a bid come in you just tell the player in question you need him until the end of the season, when you will then allow them their wish.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Noone to Swansea

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Did we not sign him at the start of last season in a five-month contract, then renew it to make it a two-year deal instead, which would mean it runs out at the end of this year? Have I missed a renewal? My mistake if I have.

We signed him on a 3 month contract originally, which then got extended by 5 months until the end of the season, he signed the 2 year contract last summer '11. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here