Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Missed first 15 mins due to train delays.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
U23's definitely worth a shout next time over some senior players

Back to North Stand next match - always lose when in in WSL and don't like it (may be I'm just a creature of habit)

Squad isn't strong enough to both push up the league and for the cup - get it stronger for next season

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Positives :

Alzate

Alireza

Bernardo

Not sure there are many others.

Snowflake

Jan 11, 2018
Getting a ticket for the North stand and being able to sign for the whole game. ( not much to sign about mind you) oh and stand for the whole game. Getting WSL to sing for more than a few minutes is tough.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
- First time in the North, tho sat next to some pissed up arse claiming that there were loads of plastics near him...soon shut up though once i explained a few things to him.
- Bong isn't good enough nor is Balogun, and we now know it.
- Trains weren't terrible
- Ali J showed dynamism when we came on
- Button did well

Struggling to think of much else.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I am hoping we’ve put our worst performance of the season behind us, play like that at Everton and we will get thrashed. They will chase, harry and close us down and I imagine be looking to avenge our late victory at the Amex.

After yesterday I am far more worried about the Everton game than I was yesterday before 3pm

I am struggling for a positive tbh. How about the transfer window is open and we may be signing a big young hungry PL ready striker? :whistle:

Last edited:

spanish flair

Jan 30, 2014
Brighton
I am hoping we’ve put our worst performance of the season behind us, play like that at Everton and we will get thrashed. They will chase, harry and close us down and I imagine be looking to avenge our late victory at the Amex.

After yesterday I am far more worried about the Everton game than I was yesterday before 3pm

I am struggling for a positive tbh. How about the transfer window is open and we may be signing a big young hungry PL ready striker? :whistle:
I am worried about all three January fixtures, Villa at home who have already beaten us twice, Bournemouth away and if they are getting back some of their injured players will be tough
Loose all three and we will be in a desperate relegation battle

Stumpy Tim

I didn’t go today so I don’t know how bad it was but I’m still convinced last season’s cup run ended up doing us no favours whatsoever

While you may be right, going out in the 3rd round didn´t do much for Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff last season either. All three relegated teams didn´t have the "distraction of the cup"

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
While you may be right, going out in the 3rd round didn´t do much for Huddersfield, Fulham or Cardiff last season either. All three relegated teams didn´t have the "distraction of the cup"
But they weren't on 25 points and comfortably mid table before it.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We've found a new dividing line for users of NSC:-

Those that can't cope with being 'Giant Killed'.
&
Those that were at Kingstonian.

:lol:

Carlos BC

May 10, 2019
I won’t have to have 7 young hyped up, full of sugar, little boys with minimal adult supervision sitting in front of me, jumping up and down for the entire game again this season. I can go back to my WSU seat with all the other grumpy old buggers.

Ha ha yes! I was told I am grumpy too. Had a group of 8 teenage lads sitting next to me, I was in attendance with the father in law and my son (also teenage but a sensible regular!). First they decided there were only 7 seats for the 8 of them and then worked out that there was indeed 8 (whilst one was stood in front of me). And then up and down and in and out to the toilet throughout, including once where we had a free kick from outside of the box (why choose that moment to go to toilet?). Then after half time the first one came back alone and I said to the others as the second one passed on his own that I bet they all come back individually meaning we are all up and down like yo yos. Was told I was grumpy but I was correct. Last one arrived 13 minutes into second half!

POSITIVES - did the park and ride rather than the train for the first time ever and it was pretty good. I guess it would be much busier though with a full stadium.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
I´m not sure what point you´re making. It is a bit of a stretch to say we´re comfortably mid-table by the way

I think he's referring to our position last season on 3rd round day when we were 13th on 26 points, 6 points ahead of 14th and 10 points clear of the relegation zone.

This season we are certainly not comfortably mid table.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here