Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
One positive from yesterday’s game , we found out with Stephens and Gross in midfield makes the midfield so pedestrian, with little energy and pace , also we need 2 new back up fullbacks both were awful yesterday, expect a completely different performance against Everton

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Almost forgot, but credit where credit is due. When I picked up my online order from the club shop (very nice college scarf and travel mug) I was given a free box of chocolate buttons - nice touch.

Maupay wasn't sent off.

Booked for petulantly throwing the ball away, then called over with the captain for a bollocking by the ref, clearly getting a final warning. One more badly timed tackle and he'd be suspended which would have been a massive problem for us.

Normally Potter would have subbed him to avoid that but we'd already used them all.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Last season we won away at Bournemouth in the 3rd round and then had a disastrous league run in perhaps the fortunes will be the opposite this season lose yesterday and have a reasonable run in.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
One positive from yesterday’s game , we found out with Stephens and Gross in midfield makes the midfield so pedestrian, with little energy and pace , also we need 2 new back up fullbacks both were awful yesterday, expect a completely different performance against Everton

To be fair, GP picked the wrong formation to start with. Bong is not, and never has been, a wing-back as he cannot cross a football But he’s been a good, solid, very consistent defender for us and I wish him well when he moves on in the summer as he surely will.

On that point, it’s likely to be a busy summer . We could see as many as 9 others leaving: Steele, schelotto, Bong, Balogun, Murray, Locadia, Andone, Knockaert and also perhaps Duffy & even March who everyone is rooting for to do well. But what is Solly’s place and role in the team? At the moment you have to say that’s difficult to see. Big few months ahead for him when back fit.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
One positive is I have learnt to save my money, effort and time on watching us in the cups, we clearly don't give a monkies for either cup competition. A valuable lesson learnt.
I also learnt yesterday that watching Dale Stephens can give you tourettes, so to anyone in WSL I am sorry for my outburst of bad language frustration got to me.

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
This has rather touched my heart, so if we had to lose I'm okay with this being one of the positives...

[tweet]1213948012575244290[/tweet]

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I had originally planned to watch the Albion on Saturday and a game of park football on Sunday, but managed to combine both at the Amex leaving me free yesterday morning, so am grateful for the players allowing me an extra hour in bed instead.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
The North gives no perspective on the game from anything over the half way line.

Atmosphere in there dire also .... although cant really judge on that game

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Getting a ticket for the North stand and being able to sign for the whole game. ( not much to sign about mind you) oh and stand for the whole game.

No one should ever stop you helping our deaf supporters.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here