Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Positives from Today (Newcastle)

Kosh

'The' Yaztromo
Webster seems fit again, Lamptey is almost there, Bissouma looks fit, Burn fit after the break Wellbeck and Alzate making better progress than expected both fit by Christmas, another game unbeaten and best of all Dunk gets a late call up for England in goal by soppy bollox Southgate, still looking good for Thursday night trips to Transylvania next season, dunno why everyone seems so upset with the result.

Exactly.

It’s a measure of how far we’ve come that we’re all terribly frustrated with a point at home against a marginally improved Newcastle, this and the toon army will now be declaring that they are BACK!! after snatching a point away at (formerly) little old Brighton. The fact that we’re a bit gutted and they’re celebrating like it’s 1969 says WAY more about them than us.

We’re on the square, we’re on the level... we’re a good PL side.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Because we were awful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mqdefault (1).jpg

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
None of our defenders got booked for a change.

We won the xG 1.43 - 0.23

Change at Barnham

Aug 6, 2011
Bognor Regis
We get to see Steele or Scherpen in the premier league.

I watched Scherpen for the U-23's last night. I'm not convinced he's ready, he looked nervous and a bit clumsy with the ball at his feet.
If it was down to me I'd start Steele at Villa and I'm not sure he's Premier League quality.
We may well need to amend the amount of times we play out from the back.

Fat Boy Fat

Aug 21, 2020
We were great against Liverpool. But we still didn't win. One win in seven ain't good enough for a team looking to finish top half.

Three of those performances were rubbish (palace, Norwich and today) and one of those we got stuffed.

We need to up our game or we are just destined to finish 4th or 5th bottom again I'm afraid.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

Sorry, which of those performances did we get “stuffed”?

Should be doing better... I wonder where you expected us to be after 11 games, as I certainly didn’t expect it to be 6th...

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Sorry, which of those performances did we get “stuffed”?

Should be doing better... I wonder where you expected us to be after 11 games, as I certainly didn’t expect it to be 6th...
Man city stuffed us.

Don't get me wrong league position is great but if we continue on the current trajectory we will be tumbling down the table very soon.

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

BN41Albion

Oct 1, 2017
I’ve tuned in just to watch Manure implode, again. Then off.

With Utd losing, Chelsea only drawing v lowly Burnley at home, none of the other big sides playing and so few games today, motd surely must have had their lowest viewing figures of the season to date. By the time our game came on last probably only a handful of die-hards still watching, thank god

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
With Utd losing, Chelsea only drawing v lowly Burnley at home, none of the other big sides playing and so few games today, motd surely must have had their lowest viewing figures of the season to date. By the time our game came on last probably only a handful of die-hards still watching, thank god

Would love to know its viewing figures, say 1995 to now. I very rarely watch it, the format of a couple of minutes analysis, is shite to the Sky/BT panels of former great players, given plenty of time.

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Home already.

What an shocking second half, Duffy to Dunk to Duffy, once they scored there was no coming back …. our players showed zero football intelligence in the half.
Yep,.. the sideways and backward passing was also very pedestrian, giving Wilson in particular, every chance to disrupt.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ShandyH

Jan 22, 2010
Back in London
We’re 6th in the table, albeit temporarily.

Newcastle are very decent on the break and an athletic, physical side. I was quite impressed with them. Their fans were a good bunch on one of the very few trains back to London.

My gripe is that we caused them problems right at the beginning of the second half when we pressed high up the pitch. We were too conservative.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here