Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portugal v Holland (Neither Official Or Unofficial But Somewhere In Between Thread)

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Beach Hut said:
Absolutely we can raise our game, good result for us.

Really? You think so ???

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rangdo said:
Really? You think so ???

Yes I do otherwise I would not have said it.

We are a quality team we have 5 world class players plus several other very good ones.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
brightonfan_86 said:
No way, FIFA will be watching that and diffinitely will take action.

Not possible I am afraid - he got a yellow so was punished

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Beach Hut said:
Not possible I am afraid - he got a yellow so was punished
They really should be able to bend the rules for that... But like you say, there is no way in the world it can happen.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
eastlondonseagull said:
As Beachy and I said, he'll get away with it, because the ref gave him a yellow in the end.

And the referee had eyes in the back of his head as well :angry: :angry:

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Beach Hut said:

We are a quality team we have 5 world class players plus several other very good ones.

Really? You think so :lolol:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I don't see why we should suddenly be able to raise our game.

We may not have played a team of the calibre of Portugal so far but we are in the world cup FFS and if you can't raise your game for that then theres not much hope really.

Portugal may now have a couple of important players out but we are already playing with one hand tied behind our backs because of Sven's stupid striker selection.

We are really, really going to struggle.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Timbo said:
Ref was fine. Players were an absolute disgrace.

I would really struggle to support my national team if our players behaved like that.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Rangdo said:
Really? You think so :lolol:

I hope you're right, I really do, but I don't see why we should suddenly be able to raise our game.

We may not have played a team of the calibre of Portugal so far but we are in the world cup FFS and if you can't raise your game for that then theres not much hope really.

Portugal may now have a couple of important players out but we are already playing with one hand tied behind our backs because of Sven's stupid striker selection.

We are really, really going to struggle.

Disagree but that is the beauty of football.

We will get to the semis.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Referee set the standard of behaviour he was willing to accept with his first couple of yellow cards, after that the players continued to cheat/foul/abuse each other, etc, etc, he had no alternative but to carry on showing cards. The players should have realised what a gash ref he was, heeded the warning and watched what they did, they chose not to. What I failed to understand however was how he did not give Figo a straight red for what David Pleat described as a slight head butt.

That was a war of a game - enjoyable though. Thought most of the cards were deserved, the only unlucky/borderline one was Deco's second yellow, but very lucky for Sven, evening next Saturday's game up very rapidly.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
London Irish said:
That was a war of a game - enjoyable though. Thought most of the cards were deserved, the only unlucky/borderline one was Deco's second yellow, but very lucky for Sven, evening next Saturday's game up very rapidly.

I would imagine Deco's will be overturned. The second yellow was wrong. However the players brought it upon themselves rolling around on the floor every time they were touched.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Timbo said:
I would imagine Deco's will be overturned. The second yellow was wrong. However the players brought it upon themselves rolling around on the floor every time they were touched.
You can only over turn a straight red I thought?

Timbo said:

Huh? Deco was keeping the ball from the Dutch after they were awarded a free kick, struggling to prevent their player from getting it, and getting on with the match. Aggressive, timewasting, and completely repugnant cheating tactics meant to make sure that Portugal gained an advantage from a foul.

Yellow every time, and that it ciulminated into a sending off was completely justified. Figo should get a 'review ban' as well, a dreadful thing to see a professional player do, and while FIFA are bigging up the sporting profile of the game.

OFF!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here