Portsmouth Wound up tomorrow wed?

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Victory is an old ship

Good article on the BBC about this;
BBC - BBC Sport: Matt Slater: Pompey court out but still alive - just

I hadn't realised that their 'genuine dispute' about VAT was so farcicle. How can they get away with that?

Nothing in that article that looks like an escape route. Only an evens bet they will survive in Portsmouth until the end of the year. One possible bet is they are blackmailing the Council into giving them Planning Permission for a superstore on the land they don't even own any more.

One third bet they will franchise to Belfast ???

Last real game against Southampton !

Last edited:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
And another thing.... whats all this about a 9 point deduction - it's supposed to be 10 isn't it? Or is that the PL just trying to be different from the FL again?

Mileoakman

Aug 11, 2003
The name gives it away
And another thing.... whats all this about a 9 point deduction - it's supposed to be 10 isn't it? Or is that the PL just trying to be different from the FL again?

No its 9 because they only play 38 games as against 46 in the Football League. Therefore the reckoning is that 10 would be disproportinate

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
If they do go under I assume there would only be two going down from the Premiership which would filter down meaning FIVE could go up from League 2

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
If they do go under I assume there would only be two going down from the Premiership which would filter down meaning FIVE could go up from League 2

Wouldn't affect anything much , 2 clubs relegated from the Prem + Portsmouth = 3 and 3 clubs promoted from the Championship. :thumbsup: bottom 2 in the Championship relegated and replaced with 3 clubs from League 1 :thumbsup: Stockport may be expelled causing relegation/promotion issues for L1/L2

Last edited:

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Wouldn't affect anything , 2 clubs relegated from the Prem + Portsmouth = 3 and 3 clubs promoted from the Championship. :thumbsup: bottom 2 in the Championship relegated and replaced with 3 clubs from League 1 :thumbsup:

Er? If 2 go down to L1 and 3 go up, that leaves L1 a team light :dunce:

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Will the FAPL step in and give them an advance on the parachute payment to keep the club going until the end of the season ? Once relegated the problem gets shifted over to the FA and FL so if they eventually go bust the Premier League can absolve any responsibility and make it appear that everything is going along nicely in the top tier.

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Sunk

Is Pompey F C dead? or just dying !

perseus

Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Pirates of Portsmouth

:bla:

A load of Camelhead Pirates are in charge. They seem to be holding Portsmouth to ransom .... if you do not let me develop a superstore at Fratton we will close the club down or sell it so we can franchise it out! :US:

The trouble is that this is not the Middle East and these tactics do NOT work. Or Pompey will go bust a long time before they can bully through Planning Permission ???

When thing you can trust about a Pirate, you can trust him to be dishonest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here