Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Wound up tomorrow wed?

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
BBC reporting that talks with Revenue continued throughout tonight even during their game and broke down so they have court in morning unless someone comes up with a couple of £M

Wound up if this happens

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
as much as I hate the pompeyscum I do NOT want them wound up, its a sad sad day when that happens to any football club, but unfortuantley preventive measures that could've been put in places YEARS ago by the FA/FIFA/UEFA never were as they are all money hungry bastards.

Good Luck Pompey for tomorrow

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Not looking too bright for Chester City either, apparently their players haven't been paid much recently and declined to travel to tonight's game at Forest Green...the match was postponed at just after 5 o'clock when it became obvious that they couldn't raise a team. I understand that they will have to explain the situation to the Conference and could well be expelled from the league for failure to fulfill a fixture...apparently their players had already intended to try the same tactic a few weeks back, but the games ultimately fell foul of the weather.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
You know what, this is a terrible thing to say but I hate that club and wouldnt mind if they went under. I would never want Palace to go out of business being our proper rival but Pompey I couldnt care less. In fact if they go under it massively widens our catchment all the way to the West Sussex/Hampshire border.

Never going to happen though. Same old Admin con. They have got to change the rules so any club that goes into Admin gets instantly relegated to make them think twice about overspending.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
Zero chance that they will be wound up. The money will be found from somewhere or a deal will be worked out.

Not according to the BBC - HM Revenue want their money. Portsmouth have not got anyone lined up that wants to take on the debts.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
One day soon the Revenue are going to make an example out of one of these clubs and there will be no miracle rescue at the last moment. The club in question will be wound up. Then watch the whole unsustainable house of cards come tumbling down.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
One day soon the Revenue are going to make an example out of one of these clubs and there will be no miracle rescue at the last moment. The club in question will be wound up. Then watch the whole unsustainable house of cards come tumbling down.

I cant wait for the day to come. Its the only thing that is going to get football to behave responsibly and in a sustainable way.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It did make me laugh hearing Sullivan say that everyone on the staff at Wet Sham was on too high wages and that the situation is worse than he thought

Well perhaps he should have looked a little more in detail at the books before he bought in then!

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
There are a few clubs really staring over the brink at the moment, or at the very least facing a very uncertain future...I think THPP may be right, a club is going to be made an example of and it won't be pretty...there is a real prospect here of a Premiership club ceasing to exist...which would be pretty shocking, but would surely set a precedent that could cascade down through the leagues.

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts
Not looking too bright for Chester City either, apparently their players haven't been paid much recently and declined to travel to tonight's game at Forest Green...the match was postponed at just after 5 o'clock when it became obvious that they couldn't raise a team. I understand that they will have to explain the situation to the Conference and could well be expelled from the league for failure to fulfill a fixture...apparently their players had already intended to try the same tactic a few weeks back, but the games ultimately fell foul of the weather.

Y didn't chester just field a youth team

DerbyGull

Mar 5, 2008
Notts

But i bet AFC Wimbledon fans have had fun watching thier team win promotion after promotion and now on the brink of returning to the FL. It's not all bad.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
It did make me laugh hearing Sullivan say that everyone on the staff at Wet Sham was on too high wages and that the situation is worse than he thought

Well perhaps he should have looked a little more in detail at the books before he bought in then!

...he did apparently, went and viewed them at the club accountants...Blyton, Rowling and Dahl.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

Agreed. And whilst I would never really want to see a football club go to the wall, it is going to happen sooner rather than later, and in my opinion, the sooner the better. it will be a silver-lined cloud when it happens.

the premiership/sky induced financial stupidity that the game has fallen into has to go into meltdown soon for the good of the game as a whole.

Gully

Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Y didn't chester just field a youth team

Don't know, think it all kicked off when the bus driver demanded payment before leaving their home ground, nobody was in a position to stump up the cash...it appears that the players may have then refused to travel. I was a bit gutted, was looking forward to a Rovers win...had raced home for a bite to eat, lucky I checked the internet to see who was likely to start before heading off to the game...unlike the six Chester fans who turned up, only to be told the bad news!

auschr

Apr 19, 2009
USA
Have to admire the Chester fans protesting, much better than those other fans who just still line the pockets of their owners but buy different coloured scarves

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here