Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth Saturday

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Nope at least he may put the odd tackle in.

Batti (and to a lesser extent Baz) have literally done f*** ALL.

I actually think that Baz has some quality. I was watching them train on Sunday morning, and he, Noone and Lord Gus, where taking turns to put left footed crosses over for the others to shoot - his crosses were consistently the best.

Batti, I'd happily see the back of. As a centre midfielder, we have SO many better options, he really is a waste of a squad number.

Sparrow / Kish / Bridcutt / Dicker / Navarro / Bennett / Kassim / Caskey / Smith >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Batti

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Could be wrong, but I always got the feeling Batti was a travel buddy for Baz. Baz is the one who spoke zero English, and is seemingly the better player and probably needed someone to come with and help him settle, it just helped he could play a little bit. No real place for Batti in our squad. But having said that, with Noone in and the possibility of KLL/Harley/whoever coming in dont really see the need for Baz either. If we were planning on another couple of seasons in L1 then maybe given another year, but not for the Championship thanks.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Could be wrong, but I always got the feeling Batti was a travel buddy for Baz. Baz is the one who spoke zero English, and is seemingly the better player and probably needed someone to come with and help him settle, it just helped he could play a little bit. No real place for Batti in our squad. .

You could be forgiven for thinking that, if Gus didn't then go and PLAY the guy. Saints away for goodness sake - he really came close to losing us that game. Woeful. Gus clearly sees something.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
found this on a pompey message board, bit worrying, wouldn't suprise me if true....

I have a friend who is on the staff at Brighton and he is utterly convinced that they will lose Saturday, so much so that he has put money on it.

This is what he said to me...

"Gus Poyet is on a Million to get them out that league. They have to have Championship football to pay for the new stadium.

They tried to get knocked out against FC Manchester but they missed a penalty. So this is the chance to lose. None of the 1st team will play...

...and they will be punting on Pompey.

I know the odds are obviously much in our favour anyway, but anyone know what the odds are?

Portsmouth Message Board | From a mate who works at Brighton...

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
found this on a pompey message board, bit worrying, wouldn't suprise me if true....

I have a friend who is on the staff at Brighton and he is utterly convinced that they will lose Saturday, so much so that he has put money on it.

"Gus Poyet is on a Million to get them out that league. They have to have Championship football to pay for the new stadium.

They tried to get knocked out against FC Manchester but they missed a penalty. So this is the chance to lose. None of the 1st team will play...

I know the odds are obviously much in our favour anyway, but anyone know what the odds are?

Which penalty is it talking about? The one WE missed, or the one they missed at 2-0 when in the replay when the tie was over?

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Well that's factuality incorrect we do not need Championship football to pay for the stadium as its already been paid for by one person. Its a load of bo**ocks

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006

Wow we must be even worse at pens than I thought, scoring 3 at Woking when they were trying to miss.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Well that's factuality incorrect we do not need Championship football to pay for the stadium as its already been paid for by one person. Its a load of bo**ocks

ah but it's Pompey Bollocks from the best fans in football.....................

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London

I'm not posting this as gospel but did think it was interesting considering how abysmal we've been in the cup this season.

The loan has to be paid back, championship football would help to repay that loan.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Just don't want a draw in this one.

Exactly , to be honest the draw would be the worst result possible

Win - ok , another game in a packed schedule but a potential money spinner against a Premiership side
Defeat - We concentrate on the league , which is more important anyway.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Apart from the fact, such betting is clearly illegal, the fact that we don't 'need Championship football to pay for the stadium', the fact that FCUM's penalty miss was inconsequential, the fact that Gus has already stated that most of the first team WILL play, and the fact that the odds are certainly NOT 'massively in their favour', it all sounds entirely plausible...

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You could be forgiven for thinking that, if Gus didn't then go and PLAY the guy. Saints away for goodness sake - he really came close to losing us that game. Woeful. Gus clearly sees something.

This.

To be fair Baz has looked "ok" but give me a choice and I would say neither thank you.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
The only bit of truth I can see in that rumour is that Gus is on a serious bonus to get us promoted.

Worth every penny if he does!

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
A million for promotion and then there's Tanno and Charlie too..................................

take more than a season to earn back even with greatly increased ticket sales

astevens76

Jan 22, 2010
Bristol
I see the Official Site is predicting a centre back pairing of Dunk and Elphick.

The team news article says Greer and Elphick . Has it changed since it was first put up?

Greer and Elphick is what I'm thinking it will be, though

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
A million for promotion and then there's Tanno and Charlie too..................................

take more than a season to earn back even with greatly increased ticket sales

Depends.

We know Bloom is seriously MINTED so it could be coming out of his own pocket? Im sure with the bean counters in charge that Million is nothing compared to the finances available if we get to the Championship.

I would be VERY surprised if there wasnt a bonus.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Besides didnt rumour have it that SALDE was on a £500k bonus to save us from relegation (which he did)

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
we will need to be top notch to beat pompey they are not in bad form and were beaten by watford last week who are flying at the moment...........and they need the money just as much if not more than us,bookies over here have us favourites for this one ,i'm not to sure.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here