Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth really are a SHAMBLES, aren't they?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
In a nutshell. The situation isn't helped by well-intentioned but woolly-headed fans of other clubs (including ours) who trot out the old "No one wants to see a club go bust" line. Well ideally no, but there are exceptions. As you say Portsmouth FC won't die, they'll simply, finally, pay the proper penalty.

Exactly. In some respects with some clubs it is "bad luck" like us and Wrexham with shitty owners who the supporters did/are/were trying to make a stand or Luton who got HAMMERED with points penaltes galore etc

But to CONTINUALLY arse about again and again and AGAIN and run it like some banana republic with a flagrant disregard for anything really means they should be punished HEAVILY.

And maybe just maybe this would WARN other clubs

Last edited:

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Is John Keeley still there and will we get to see him on Sat or is he still coach with the youth teams?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Exactly. In some respects with some clubs it is "bad luck" like us and Wrexham with shitty owners who did/are/were trying to make a stand or Luton who got HAMMERED with points penaltes galore etc

But to CONTINUALLY arse about again and again and AGAIN and run it like some banana republic with a flagrant disregard for anything really means they should be punished HEAVILY.

And maybe just maybe this would WARN other clubs

HMRC are definitely after a scalp now. A biggish one to serve as a warning to the others. Pompey look favourites. One day soon the cliched eleventh-hour reprieve will fail.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
HMRC are definitely after a scalp now. A biggish one to serve as a warning to the others. Pompey look favourites. One day soon the cliched eleventh-hour reprieve will fail.

I couldnt think of a nicer club for it to happen to.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Pompey never got hammered with points deductions anyway.

They lost nine points last season but they would have been relegated regardless because they played crap all year. They should have been deducted more points this season but the FL fell for the "poor old fans" bullshit and failed to implement any kind of punishment. They haven't had to pay anybody back in full, they have kept nearly all the players they wanted to, and they have been able to sign new ones on hefty wages despite not paying back creditors in the meantime.

In short, they have spent five or so years utterly taking the piss out of other football clubs, companies, organisations, charities and the taxpayer, and have received little or no comeback for their obvious disregard for the rules. Best of all, the vast majority of those concerned with that SHITHOUSE club, have the undisguised FRONT to claim they've been hard done by out of it.

Breathtaking, absolutely breathtaking.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven

They lost nine points last season but they would have been relegated regardless because they played crap all year. They should have been deducted more points this season but the FL fell for the "poor old fans" bullshit and failed to implement any kind of punishment. They haven't had to pay anybody back in full, they have kept nearly all the players they wanted to, and they have been able to sign new ones on hefty wages despite not paying back creditors in the meantime.

In short, they have spent five or so years utterly taking the piss out of other football clubs, companies, organisations, charities and the taxpayer, and have received little or no comeback for their obvious disregard for the rules. Best of all, the vast majority of those concerned with that SHITHOUSE club, have the undisguised FRONT to claim they've been hard done by out of it.

Everytime I read a thread about Portsmouth, I think of what I want to post and Edna has done it already.

The lady is spot on here and is in no way foolish with her wild & dangerous opinion, which is actually FACT.

Portsmouth are shambles of a club, have made the authorities of football a laughing stock and whose supporters are a joke!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Oh, and you know when the new (old) guy came in, he promised he would personally pay off in full, every 'small' creditor (any below £2500)? Well, AMAZINGLY, they haven't recieved a penny.

Including a local cancer charity, set up for a local kid, and pompey fan. Oh how his HEROES have repaid his loyalty. Doubt the treatment was THAT much better in the States anyway...

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Oh, and you know when the new (old) guy came in, he promised he would personally pay off in full, every 'small' creditor (any below £2500)? Well, AMAZINGLY, they haven't recieved a penny.

Including a local cancer charity, set up for a local kid, and pompey fan. Oh how his HEROES have repaid his loyalty. Doubt the treatment was THAT much better in the States anyway...

Too true and the footballing authorities have let this happen.

Did the TV parachute payments get stopped both for this and next year and diverted to creditors.

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Nope. Don't be DAFT.

A further JOKE to add insult to shambolic injury of this whole situation. They get to keep the TV money which they earnt by screwing every person they came into contact with to carry on trading long after those same people could have been forced out of business with non-receipt of hard earned cash.

POMPEY = SHAMBOLIC JOKE OF A CLUB

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Did the TV parachute payments get stopped both for this and next year and diverted to creditors.

Of course not, they were paid in full so that Pompey could sign people like Kitson and Lawrence on £1million+ per year each. Those annoying, moany old creditors should all just shut up and go screw themselves!

Lord Bamber

Legendary Chairman
Feb 23, 2009
Heaven
Of course not, they were paid in full so that Pompey could sign people like Kitson and Lawrence on £1million+ per year each. Those annoying, moany old creditors should all just shut up and go screw themselves!

As they have had to do!....

Not many things annoy me as much as this, it really bugs me and (adopting a Keegan Style Voice and wearing a pair of headphones whilst fingure jabbing) I would love it if we beat them....love it.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I see today that Plymouth Argyle have paid off the tax bill that led to them getting a winding up petition back in November. Admittedly they have racked up another half a million bill in the meantime, but at least they're making the effort.

I'm not sure why they didn't just do a Pompey though, ie tell HMRC and everyone else to go fly a kite, and carry on regardless. How weak of Argyle...

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I see today that Plymouth Argyle have paid off the tax bill that led to them getting a winding up petition back in November. Admittedly they have racked up another half a million bill in the meantime, but at least they're making the effort.

I'm not sure why they didn't just do a Pompey though, ie tell HMRC and everyone else to go fly a kite, and carry on regardless. How weak of Argyle...

Indeed. What are they thinking of, selling off their best players to raise funds, and reduce the wage bill? Plymouth must be run by IDIOTS.

Edit; This part might actually be true. See Risdale, P.

philsussex

Dec 9, 2006
Good Old Sussex By the Sea
Ah, OK, so basically if they default, HMRC will be REALLY angry with them, even MORE angry than they were last time. So angry they might even write them a LETTER saying how angry they are, and express STRONG RESERVATIONS about Pompey's conduct in the media.

That will teach them a lesson.

Can't you go and arrest them on Saturday for THEFT please Edna?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
In hunt of irony I was reading Liam Lawrence's rant against the club's owners and chief exec for not doing a deal with Hughes despite his having offered to play on and ignore his right to a new contract at a higher salary and to take a 50% pay cut. Lawrence is being paid £1m a year by the club to rip into them in the press. Made me smile :)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here