Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portsmouth really are a SHAMBLES, aren't they?

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

Hang on, when did they sign Lawrence? I thought he was only on loan?

They were allowed to SIGN him? WHAT THE f***?

They signed him at the end of the summer window, but apparently the paperwork didn't go through in time. They then signed him on an 'emergency' loan until January, presumably along with a binding agreement saying that the move would be made permanent at that time.

I'm not entirely sure I've grasped this, as the whole Pompey saga is dull and unending, at least the financial aspects are, but there seems to be some suggestion now that, having put the Creditor's Voluntary Agreement in place, which secures "payment" of 20p in the pound for the non-footballing creditors, PFC are now hinting that they can't afford to pay even that amount. Hence the rumours about selling Lawrence etc I guess.

Personally, I'd say that is a massive kick in the balls if you're the owner of a company owed (say) £25,000 by Portsmouth and they're telling you that they can't even give you 20p in the pound, while at the same time paying individual players as much in one WEEK as the little man is owed in total.

Any accountants on here? Surely if you set up a CVA to dodge your debts and then fail to comply with the terms of the CVA there must be some sort of comeback?

A CVA is legally binding and is designed to give the creditors a better return than if the company were liquidated. If the company defaults then it's for the creditors to return to court; I guess if there is a problem at Skates FC then HMRC who are the major creditor and considered the entire administration/CVA process flawed and the administrator not independent from the beginning, will be all over this.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
They signed him at the end of the summer window, but apparently the paperwork didn't go through in time. They then signed him on an 'emergency' loan until January, presumably along with a binding agreement saying that the move would be made permanent at that time.

So they don't own him currently? He is still a Stoke player?

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Hang on, when did they sign Lawrence? I thought he was only on loan?

They were allowed to SIGN him? WHAT THE f***?

It was apparently part of the original loan deal that it would be converted to a permanent deal on 3rd January which may get round issues of another transfer in this window but I bet Stoke would be well pissed off (unless they have a sell-on clause)

Last edited:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
[yt]XQOWuzGB2sI[/yt]

[yt]TcjqN888vbY[/yt]

[yt]ntjiAPEqqlk[/yt]

[yt]_57i1LxfRMs[/yt]

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
A CVA is legally binding and is designed to give the creditors a better return than if the company were liquidated. If the company defaults then it's for the creditors to return to court; I guess if there is a problem at Skates FC then HMRC who are the major creditor and considered the entire administration/CVA process flawed and the administrator not independent from the beginning, will be all over this.

Ah, OK, so basically if they default, HMRC will be REALLY angry with them, even MORE angry than they were last time. So angry they might even write them a LETTER saying how angry they are, and express STRONG RESERVATIONS about Pompey's conduct in the media.

That will teach them a lesson.

Ah, OK, so basically if they default, HMRC will be REALLY angry with them, even MORE angry than they were last time. So angry they might even write them a LETTER saying how angry they are, and express STRONG RESERVATIONS about Pompey's conduct in the media.

That will teach them a lesson.

No, HMRC would go back to court and I would expect the court to liquidate the company, whatever it's called now.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Is David Nugent's parent club Preston?
Phil Brown has taken over there today, so possibly he might stop Pompey playing him on Saturday:thumbsup:

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
You know it really FUCKS me off with Pompey.

They should be relegated out the league and forced to apply to whatever non league division will let them in.

f*** them.

"But its not the fans fault" CORRECT. They will STILL have a team to support. Just not one in the Championship. So there. lets see if the best fans in the world will follow them in the Ryman.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
"But its not the fans fault" CORRECT. They will STILL have a team to support. Just not one in the Championship. So there. lets see if the best fans in the world will follow them in the Ryman.

I would be sympathetic with them if they acknowledged that their club is being run as bent as a hairpin, and were outraged for it. But they're not (at least not the vociferous ones) - incredibly they're blaming everyone else. Words cannot describe the level of ignorance and stupidity on such a mass scale that is going on amongst (the majority of) their fans.

Face it, when Harry Redknapp calls you a bunch of dickheads who are really f***ing thick, you know you've got problems.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
i would be sympathetic with them if they acknowledged that their club is being run as bent as a hairpin, and were outraged for it. But they're not (at least not the vociferous ones) - incredibly they're blaming everyone else. Words cannot describe the level of ignorance and stupidity on such a mass scale that is going on amongst (the majority of) their fans.

Face it, when harry redknapp calls you a bunch of dickheads who are really f***ing thick, you know you've got problems.

this this this this this

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
You know it really FUCKS me off with Pompey.

They should be relegated out the league and forced to apply to whatever non league division will let them in.

f*** them.

In a nutshell. The situation isn't helped by well-intentioned but woolly-headed fans of other clubs (including ours) who trot out the old "No one wants to see a club go bust" line. Well ideally no, but there are exceptions. As you say Portsmouth FC won't die, they'll simply, finally, pay the proper penalty.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Pompey have had their day in the sun and are in decline. Our turn next. Not that long ago we were hammering Blackpool 4-0 at Withdean.

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
In a nutshell. The situation isn't helped by well-intentioned but woolly-headed fans of other clubs (including ours) who trot out the old "No one wants to see a club go bust" line. Well ideally no, but there are exceptions. As you say Portsmouth FC won't die, they'll simply, finally, pay the proper penalty.

Quite, and going bust is no barrier to a team making it back into the League having had to start at the bottom, as Aldershot and Accrington Stanley have both proved (possibly soon to be joined by Wimbledon - though their situation is rather different).

CP 0 3 BHA

Nov 28, 2003
Northants
You have to laugh:

Just been onto the Pompey official site and read the Brighton Briefing about Saturday's game - no comment on their team news.

Scarcely believeably, immediately at the bottom of the article is an advert with the headline:-

"Debt Problems?"

"Want to know how to wipe out all the debt you can't afford? START NOW"

Marvellous stuff - perhaps the board should take the 30 Second Test provided!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
You have to laugh:

Just been onto the Pompey official site and read the Brighton Briefing about Saturday's game - no comment on their team news.

Scarcely believeably, immediately at the bottom of the article is an advert with the headline:-

"Debt Problems?"

"Want to know how to wipe out all the debt you can't afford? START NOW"

It really is beyond funny, isn't it? Words fail me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here