• Liquidation

Votes: 16 15.7%
  • Administration

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Nothing

Votes: 36 35.3%
  • Other

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • Lets all laugh at Portsmouth , Lets all laugh at Portsmouth la,la,la,la ,la ,la ,la, la

Votes: 19 18.6%

• Total voters

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
well what do you reckon this time?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well aren't they still in Administration? so thats the minimum outcome.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Liquidation , let them start again from the very bottom.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
I'll think they'll lose the case then appeal. They will come very close to liquidation but some idiot will step forward with the cash and bail them out at the very LAST minute.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
Should be adminstration and possibly liquidation in the future if an owner does not come in. If the court lets them off then it basically means that you can do what you like without suffering any consequences!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
I think the court will find in favour of the HMRC, and that overturns the CVA, so they remain in administration.

The possibility of liquidation is not the courts ruling - as I understand it - that's just what the Pompey QC is telling the court as a sob story, of the likely implications of finding in favour of the HMRC and having the CVA overturned.

I don't expect it to come to that. Administration, and therefore starting the season on -15 points.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I think there will be some serious squirming but they will crawl out from under.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I think the court will find in favour of the HMRC, and that overturns the CVA, so they remain in administration.

The possibility of liquidation is not the courts ruling - as I understand it - that's just what the Pompey QC is telling the court as a sob story, of the likely implications of finding in favour of the HMRC and having the CVA overturned.

I don't expect it to come to that. Administration, and therefore starting the season on -15 points.

-17 has been the benchmark however Luton Town's -30 could be matched due to Portsmouth overstating the debt and diluting HMRC's voting percentage on the CVA ballot.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

This is exactly what I think. Portsmouth will survive but feel a bit more pain

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
HRMC are clamping down and have made a pretty good case, don't expect the judge to be soft just because they are a football club. Pompey don't seem to have good argument bar 'be nice or we will go out of business'

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
-17 has been the benchmark however Luton Town's -30 could be matched due to Portsmouth overstating the debt and diluting HMRC's voting percentage on the CVA ballot.

But that is assuming that everyone is treated the same!

Leeds had their administration deal over-turned by the HMRC during the summer, meaning they were still in administration when the season kicked off, and that gave them a 15 point deduction.

Clubs without the same access to big and powerful legal teams may well get hit harder, but I expect Pompey to fall in the Leeds category, and get away with 15 points.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I'm expecting there to be another court case in the future, with the lawyers suing Portsmouth for unpaid fees.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton

stu7878

mid air general
Oct 9, 2008
I heard HMRC are very keen to make an example out of a football club. I heard that they had their sights on Portsmouth, Southend and another I can't remember. So with Southend seemingly out of immediate trouble I wouldn't be suprised if pompey find themselves being punished severely. Out of business? Prob not but I wouldn't shed a tear if they had to start back from scratch.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I'm confused. Are you saying Portsmouth's lawyers can't sue portsmouth if pompey don't pay the fees for the lawyer's services?

There are two types of lawyer: solicitors and barristers. The case is being argued by a barrister (a QC no less, ultra expensive). Solicitors pay barristers, Portsmouth would pay the solicitors. If Portsmouth didn't pay the solicitors, the barristers cannot sue for their fees, they're not enforceable. I have no idea whether solicitors can sue or not but my guess is that there'd be little point as Portsmouth would have no assets.

But lawyers (barristers and solicitors) can be paid upfront and my guess is that they've already seen the colour of money on this, but obviously can't really comment on whether that's the case.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
If i was representing Portsmouth, i would make sure it was cash up front!

I mean have they seen Portsmouths idea of paying bills?, oh yeah they have the evidence in front of them :glare:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Gwylan, did Mrs Gwylan give up after the threat in your signature? :lol:

What time are we due to hear the result? -15 is the least they deserve, considering their punishments up to date have been very mild. Another relegation for them would be a slight tonic if we fail to gain promotion this season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here