Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Portman road atmosphere.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Having been yesterday and checking off another stadium in my list (39 now). It has to be one of the most silent home fans i have come across, or am i being harsh? Quite liked the old feel to the ground though apart from being squashed in the seats.

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Thing is, you are sat next to the quiet stands. The main singing stand is the North stand to your right. There is something wrong with the acoustics if you couldn't hear us yesterday. The only time we stopped signing was when we were 3-1 up, we were trying to get our breath back.

Deanbha

Mar 27, 2008
Living in the real world.
Thing is, you are sat next to the quiet stands. The main singing stand is the North stand to your right. There is something wrong with the acoustics if you couldn't hear us yesterday. The only time we stopped signing was when we were 3-1 up, we were trying to get our breath back.

Really? Weird. How did us Brighton fans sound?

nomoremithras4me

Apr 7, 2011

acoustics:D

you have got a good football team but your fans were pony yesterday

Shooting Star

Apr 29, 2011
Suffolk
Well another Ipswich fan has come on here and said the Brighton fans were brilliant, so there must be something wrong with the acoustics...

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Well another Ipswich fan has come on here and said the Brighton fans were brilliant, so there must be something wrong with the acoustics...

Depends where they sit, as I have already said, from where we were sitting we could hardly hear you, obviously the same for you as well.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
The acoustics must be shite. I hardly heard a peep out of the Ipswich fans at the Portman Road Library. It was so quiet, you needed goal music to celebrate.

f***ing GOAL MUSIC. :facepalm:

We might not be getting things right on the pitch at the moment, but two tiny crumbs of comfort is that everyone can be heard quite noisily at the Amex, and that you will not hear anything so noddy and plastic as goal music.

Kazenga <3

Test 805843
Feb 28, 2010
Team c/r HQ
Crap acoustics I think, only the stand behind the goal to our right was actually singing, but you could only see them jumping around and clapping, the noise didn't really carry.

Exiled in Exeter

Jul 16, 2003
W3D
Crap acoustics I think, only the stand behind the goal to our right was actually singing, but you could only see them jumping around and clapping, the noise didn't really carry.

Agree with this. Stand to our left was very quiet. The big bloke in the shirt and cap seemed a good sport.

Didn’t see or hear much from the Town fans immediately to our right. That said (and it could just have been viewing angles) the lower tier looked like there were Ipswich fans while there were still Albion in the upper tier? Anyhow one bloke did get on my tits who was in a red shirt near the front of the stand and couldn’t wait to celebrate and give it large to us and kissing his badge etc etc. Happily have given him a few chants and left the large bloke in the other stand to enjoy the game (unless I missed him being an idiot too).

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
The acoustics must be shite. I hardly heard a peep out of the Ipswich fans at the Portman Road Library. It was so quiet, you needed goal music to celebrate.

f***ing GOAL MUSIC. :facepalm:

We might not be getting things right on the pitch at the moment, but two tiny crumbs of comfort is that everyone can be heard quite noisily at the Amex, and that you will not hear anything so noddy and plastic as goal music.
Listening to the radio i only really heard the Albion fans singing.

It seems to be a pattern where rubbish home fans tend to have goal music to give them a lift.

LS6

Nov 9, 2010
I was sitting in the home end (top tier of the Brittania Stand), our fans were outsung today.

Seriously? I heard nothing from Ipswich fans all afternoon until 3-1 when they sung 'shall we sing a song for you'. I thought Albion fans were non-stop loud

Blue Min Hek

Oct 1, 2011
Seriously? I heard nothing from Ipswich fans all afternoon until 3-1 when they sung 'shall we sing a song for you'. I thought Albion fans were non-stop loud

Well, we couldn't hear you either, apart from the one song you sang twice. Not very loud thoughl

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Well, we couldn't hear you either, apart from the one song you sang twice. Not very loud thoughl

Why are you getting touchy on another teams forum who have expressed there views on your crowd ?

Oct 24, 2007
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
I was in the North stand with my mate and his better half. When they were in full voice i.e. the usual gay chants the Albion coudn't be heard, but during their quiet times the Albion fans could be heard reasonably clearly.

yorkgull

Sep 18, 2005
the north
I was sat in the south stand. Was amazed by the lack of noise from the ipswich fans. Thought brighton fans sounded in very good voice. Loved the fat man in the cap - even the ipswich fans couldn't stop laughing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here