Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Tommy

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was against Fraser going but we have moved on since then. Tommy is a decent league one / two player, hard working and committed. Whats not to like ?.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Port Vale have signed Birmingham City midfielder Jay O'Shea on a one-month loan deal.

Looks like Gannon has brought in a lad from the premership to replace him. Lets hope he has a good agent that helps him make the next step up.

Vale boss Jim Gannon told the club website: "Tommy expressed a desire to pursue more first-team football.

"We discussed the possibility of a loan but as his contract expires at the end of the season, the club agreed to terminate his current deal."

Fraser, who made 64 appearances for the Valiants, said: "I have very fond memories of my time at Vale, and I feel I'm leaving the club and the captaincy in good hands.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

I love this bit

A word of warning for Michael Horton at BBC Radio Lincolnshire and Lee Curtis at The Echo. Fraser is the grandson of former Richardson Gang member "Mad" Frankie Fraser. When talking to a member of the press, who asked if his illustrious grand father ever came to watch him he said

"No, but he reads your reports and he was unhappy you only gave me six out of 10 last week." The not so mad Tommy was never rated less than 7/10 by the local paper again.

shame,his brother is curently doing his coaching badges with the chelsea etc,very nice lad,didnt get a lot of joy when he left bristol rovers

Was probably the stand out player during Worthing's relegation season in 2006/07, and it was a shame it didn't work out at Rovers.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Joining Barnet ? Oh well, non league next season anyway.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
the slippery slope to oblivion? Their chances of staying in the league don't look too good do they?

Still it's about the right level in fairness - he will make an impact there whether in League 2 or BSP so good luck to him. He has a two and a half year contract which is much better than many would have expected and all Barnet need is one good season in the FACup and maybe we will see him playing at the Amex.

Edit: His interview on the Barnet site (post#50) is hilarious. I had forgotten what a complete and utter arse he can be! :)

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I think that he will help keep Barnet up as he did us.

I hope you're right. Barnet have needed a quality central midfielder for ages. Just hope the fans don't make him another scapegoat if results and performances don't pick up soon. Quick return to Port Vale next Tuesday night for Tommy.

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
Great signing for Barnet. They have the knack of signing good players and pumming clear of the drop most seasons.

They may even sell him on again to a bigger club in the future for a profit. He should add some drive to their midfield.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Brilliant move for him, he's going to a club who don't have overly high expectations but will play him. All the best mr Fraser.

Harry H

Comfortably numb.
Aug 11, 2010
Both good lads the Frasers and Brighton born and bred.I don't really get the vitriol.Did they come on here saying they were great or something?

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
He didn't stay out of work for long - good luck to the lad, he'll do well for Barnet.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Playing for his new team against his old team tonight.

I hope he scores.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here