Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor ticket sales for Reading.

Sergi Gotsmanov

Feb 23, 2004
West of Palookaville
Spoke with a Reading season ticket holder today.

Told him we had 3k plus.

he thought this was fantastic and reckoned that with 3k in the away end it gives a really good atmosphere.

he was also shitting himself that Murty(?) is injured and won't play.

Feeling at reading is that Brooker will start with convey on in 2nd half.

(by the way what do we have to do to stop people moaning ffs. be constructive. This is our club.)

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
Albion Dan said:
When was the last time we took over 3,300 to an away game (not Cardiff!) that wasnt last game of the season? I think its a healthy turnout!

away @ palace perhaps.

think of the noise we can make with 3,200- 3,500 fans though :clap2:

Dancin Ninja BHA

Jul 6, 2003
For fucks sake, I cannot believe this thread, and it needs locking IMMEDIATELY

Ben's Grandad, you're an idiot

3000 plus fans for an away game is brilliant, especially as it falls on one of the major weekends in the year for families to be away on holiday

I can't believe some people...................just go to the game, cheer on the team and enjoy your day out

Me, I'm off to do some soliciting at Dukes Mound with the Pride crowd ;) :wave: :wave:

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
ChapmansThe Saviour said:
It's also Pride on Saturday.

Which is why it's a good idea to be in Reading.

I wonder if the stewarding & parking restrictions around Preston Park, (or lack of) costs the irons as much as the Albion on match day?

berkshire seagull said:
Why on earth do you all sit there making excuses for what you call a crap following mmmmm,its a fantasic following and no excuses are needed so stop whinging about a one off cardiff trip as that means nout,and stop whinging and saying we need to fill to greater our chances of getting falmer dear o dear get a life as you no nout.
Look back to when we was absolute shite in div 1 2 year ago and look at our postal applications i.e coventry tuesday night 27k,now please spare me the bull shit as i no we have a massive fan base waiting and until we are out of the shite hole withdean we will have to make do with all the shite ticket restrictions and this pathetic ams scheme which does cut our followings as many of us could add 5-6 people plus to away games if it wasn't to be ams.

Excuses are poor from most of you,but 3k+ is fantastic support end of!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :smokin:

Blimey. Berkshire in 'positive post about The Albion' shocker. :lolol:

Although I'm not convinced we could have sold 27,000 tickets for the first home game last time in this division. Sounds a tad fancyfull to me. ;)

timseagull

Oct 12, 2003
Mile Oak
3000-3500 of us. We'll sing like anything, drown out Reading and have a jolly nice day. Nothing to sniff at. Great fans as always

:clap2:

oapdodge

Jul 15, 2003
Don't care how many are going.There will be 5 in my car and we will enjoy the day regardless.If 3500 make it then that will be brilliant,loud and proud.
Will our boyfriends know where we are and miss us at the Gay fest ?
What about a song.
"If we're queer we would have stayed at home"

Windmill

Jul 6, 2003
Tadley, Nr Reading
3.5k+ is a rockin' effort.

I've already had my week in Greece, nothin's stopping me from seeing us stuff those tossers.

Oct 5, 2003
3k is F***ing amazing given cost home tickets toll on fans and distance and its so early in season. Get real 3k is impressive

Paddy B

Jul 5, 2003
Horsham
Bens Grandad - I am afraid you are talking out of your arse.

Nearly 3,500 at an away game is exellent under any circumstances.

You cannot compare the play off final to a league game it is like comparing my house to buckingham palace (nice though my house is)

There are only a handful of clubs in our league that will bring anything like that to Reading.

Top support again from the best supporters in the land.

Turgid

Dec 5, 2003
Wadhurst
Ok - not often I get totally pissed off with threads but this is one.

3000+ , as a number of people have said, is a good turnout.

People have lives outside of BHAFC - take me for example - I guess I am someone who Bens Grandad would probably have a go at for not going - for the following reasons:

1. I am a Brighton supporter (therfore I must go)
2. Reading is not very far away.
3. I went to Cardiff.
4. My parents live just outside Reading so if necessary a bed for the night is available.
5. It is the first game of the season.

However, I am not going because I am going to a wedding. I know - the bastard could have arranged a better day but believe it or not he is not a Brighton supporter.

So please BG stop being a muppet and celebrate not berate the 3000.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Jameson said:
The only dissapointing thing is:

3,000 x £19 = £57,000 straight into Reading's back pocket. :nono:

Why do people struggle to spell the word 'disappointing' ? The level of literacy on this board is a shocking enough indictment of the shortcomings of our education system without this basic spelling error adding to problems!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here