Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor ticket sales for Reading.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Don't kid yourself that we've got 27,000 potential 'week in week out' supporters.

There are plenty of Season Ticket holders who, for many reasons, don't go to away games - does this make them 'non-staunch' supporters?

No of course not.

Personally, I think 3,300 as an away following is f***ing brilliant. Forget about how many went to Cardiff. What matters at 3pm on Saturday is the 3,300 who have gone to Reading.

As long as we make as much noise as we possibly can and comprehensively out-sing Reading (not difficult I know), then it's job done.

COME ON ALBION

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The opposition should not matter it is Brighton & Hove Albion you go to support. I would agree that it is 50 % of our home gate but how many people do you hear say " I only go to away games because I can't get a ticket for Withdean" my 3 sons do not have season tickets because they can't get to every game but they go to many away games, Reading included.

Albion Rob

3,300 is a decent shake of the tail whichever way you look at it. That suggests had the allocation been 3,300, which is a decent allocation, we would have sold out.

Then where would the complaints have been?

Nope, while it would have been nice to have taken the full 4k, I will be surprised if more than 5 teams take more than that thre this season, so all in all, pretty good.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
it is a good number to take

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
When was the last time we took over 3,300 to an away game (not Cardiff!) that wasnt last game of the season? I think its a healthy turnout!

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I think its pretty decent and I know for a FACT that sales today have been brisk and it looks very much as tho pay on the day will be possible.

Several of our usual travellers are on holiday and one DIN is in his honeymoon, I reckon if it was like the good old days when the season started after the school holidays the figure would be well over 4000.

Its very difficult to condition yourself after 20 years of attending football that the season actually now starts on the first full weekend in August, and rather strangely not always the thing foremost in your mind when the missus is spending your hard earned down Thomas Cook !!

Rangdo

Registered Cider Drinker
Apr 21, 2004
Cider Country
Just read an article about their ground that says normal away allocation is 2500. So we've topped that without accounting for those that turn up on the day. I can't see how thats poor really but there you go :shrug:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Albion Dan said:
We didnt even sell out Portsmouth away last time in Div 1 and I think that was only 3000. What are you on about BG?

This is my whole point that we do not get the support many think that we have. Perhaps I expect too much and because I put BHA at the forefront of my thoughts I expect everybody else to.

berkshire seagull

Jul 5, 2003
reading
Why on earth do you all sit there making excuses for what you call a crap following mmmmm,its a fantasic following and no excuses are needed so stop whinging about a one off cardiff trip as that means nout,and stop whinging and saying we need to fill to greater our chances of getting falmer dear o dear get a life as you no nout.
Look back to when we was absolute shite in div 1 2 year ago and look at our postal applications i.e coventry tuesday night 27k,now please spare me the bull shit as i no we have a massive fan base waiting and until we are out of the shite hole withdean we will have to make do with all the shite ticket restrictions and this pathetic ams scheme which does cut our followings as many of us could add 5-6 people plus to away games if it wasn't to be ams.

Excuses are poor from most of you,but 3k+ is fantastic support end of!!!!!! :drink: :drink: :smokin:

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nearly 3.5K?

I'm more than happy with that!

I'd have been disappointed with 2,000 but 3,300 (with possibly more to come?) will be fine.

:)

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Curious Orange said:
Er, 3,000 people is quite a lot to take to an away game....., and it is only Reading we're playing.

???

It is all you would be allowed to take to Old Trafford.

I think 3000 is great. There weren't so many at Oldham last season.

Soul Finger

May 12, 2004
berkshire seagull said:
Why on earth do you all sit there making excuses for what you call a crap following mmmmm,its a fantasic following and no excuses are needed so stop whinging about a one off cardiff trip as that means nout,and stop whinging and saying we need to fill to greater our chances of getting falmer dear o dear get a life as you no nout.
Look back to when we was absolute shite in div 1 2 year ago and look at our postal applications i.e coventry tuesday night 27k,now please spare me the bull shit as i no we have a massive fan base waiting and until we are out of the shite hole withdean we will have to make do with all the shite ticket restrictions and this pathetic ams scheme which does cut our followings as many of us could add 5-6 people plus to away games if it wasn't to be ams.

Eloquent as ever, Berkshire. For once I totally agree with you, mate.

FFS our away support is ALWAYS fantastic. Always vocal and always passionate. So we'll be a few hundred short of filling the poxy away end. Who f***ing cares?

I cannot wait!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here