Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor support

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Blackburn deserve to go down. Traditionally a second tier team who assume they are a bigger club than they actually are, simply because they once won the league. The treatment of Steve Kean by the fans has been utterly disgraceful - what do they expect? Feel pretty sorry for the guy.

On the other hand, I really hope Wigan stay up. Every season is a relegation battle, but they have a good young manager who believes in playing attractive, attacking football (anyone else see the Maritnez/Poyet similarities..?). Inevitably they are at the foot of the table, but where are the 'Martinez Out' banners?! Absent, because their fans are realistic and are happy to just be in the Premier League. Yeah, they are a team from a small Northern town living beyond their means just like Blackburn, but they're going about it in the right spirit, unlike their boring, dour Lancashire neighbours.

Those two paragraph bled into one as I read them and I thought you were saying Blackburn were playing attractive attacking football and comparing steve kean to poyet and martinez. I had to re-read it.

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
I should hope so considering it's on a Saturday, in March and a shorter distance for you to travel.

You only took 228 to Barnsley on a Tuesday night around a similar time we took about 700 to Derby.
For a game that was postponed from the week before due to the Carling Cup 1/4 at Old Trafford.

2 weeks notice, means no cheap trains, not easy to book A/L etc.

As for a shorter distance, it's not that different. 1/2 hour difference on a train. Not much in it by car to get to the M25.

Anyway, you should have higher away attendances. You haven't been to most of these grounds in the last 6 years. It's new to the JCLs. We've seen them year in, year out!

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
We'd all like to win the Premier League title.

Not true. Have you seen that trophy? It must be the tackiest looking piece of tinfoil ever moulded into the shape of a trophy. I appreciate that the Premier League was a new inception etc. and the trophy had no history to it as such, but could they really not have made more of an effort? And don't get me started about that ridiculous crown on top. If BHAFC ever come within touching distance of winning that piece of shit I shall join Crystal Palace's red and blue army, thus swelling their away support to 145 for league games and 51 for FA Cup games.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Horse shit . Blackburn bigger than us by some way

Tell me you are joking? They're a bankrolled second tier club as stated above. The population of Blackburn is 100k. The population of Brighton and Hove alone is 250k, not to mention the rest of Sussex. Our potential (yes that wonderful word 'potential') outstrips theirs by a country mile.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
In 1988 Chesterfield brought no fans to the Goldstone for an evening game. Near Valentines day if memory serves me correct.

That`ll be it then. Valentines day is huge in Derbyshire.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
Tell me you are joking? They're a bankrolled second tier club as stated above. The population of Blackburn is 100k. The population of Brighton and Hove alone is 250k, not to mention the rest of Sussex. Our potential (yes that wonderful word 'potential') outstrips theirs by a country mile.

And what about us, we were bankrolled by Knight and Co at Withdean (where we were making big loses every season) and only have the Amex because it has been bankrolled by Bloom.

If they hadn't done that, do you seriously think we would be having discussions about possibly making the Premier League? Or would we be in Div 2 or worse with no realistic prospects of ever reaching the top flight again?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
There is absolutely no way we had a crowd of 4,420 in that season for a league game. Although our average gate was poor, I don't think gates dipped below 7,000. I'm sure [MENTION=118]Hiney[/MENTION] can confirm...

Edit: in fact, Grimsby weren't even in the second division at the time.

We didnt. It was the season after when we were struggling. Gall and Meade were the scorers. It was 91-92.

Jan 30, 2008
Apparently Blackburn only took 319 fans to Sunderland today. That is quite frankly disgraceful! Just thought I'd share that useless information!
what did you expect, my mates Blackburn he told me no one's bothering while the chicken boys are still there BLACKBURN JUST ISN'T WHAT IT USED TO BE .

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Anyway, you should have higher away attendances. You haven't been to most of these grounds in the last 6 years. It's new to the JCLs. We've seen them year in, year out!

Haha! Touche!

Jan 30, 2008
up the Rovers and f*** the chicken boys off is what i've been told :thumbsup:

Jan 30, 2008
Jack Walker must be turning in his grave , Blackburn through and through ,chicken boys you're having a laugh:angry:

Albion Rob

Although I can see your point, doesn't the fact they are pulling in crowds of 20,000+ mean that there is more of a taste for the game up there. Based on the figures we have, that would mean 1 in 5 Blackburnians was heading to Ewood for home games. Brighton with 250k+ and Sussex with 750k+ and we've still had to pack our ground out with JCLs.

And don't even get me started on the number of peop,e who pull on their Chelsea/Spurts/Arsenal/ManUre shirts on Saturday mornings and get the Victoria train from Brighton/Eastbourne/Hastings/Worthing etc.

Jan 30, 2008
Although I can see your point, doesn't the fact they are pulling in crowds of 20,000+ mean that there is more of a taste for the game up there. Based on the figures we have, that would mean 1 in 5 Blackburnians was heading to Ewood for home games. Brighton with 250k+ and Sussex with 750k+ and we've still had to pack our ground out with JCLs.

And don't even get me started on the number of peop,e who pull on their Chelsea/Spurts/Arsenal/ManUre shirts on Saturday mornings and get the Victoria train from Brighton/Eastbourne/Hastings/Worthing etc.
what about the JCL's who are taking their's off To come to the Amex every other week ???

pauldcpfc

Banned
Feb 16, 2010
Surrey
Not true. Have you seen that trophy? It must be the tackiest looking piece of tinfoil ever moulded into the shape of a trophy. I appreciate that the Premier League was a new inception etc. and the trophy had no history to it as such, but could they really not have made more of an effort? And don't get me started about that ridiculous crown on top. If BHAFC ever come within touching distance of winning that piece of shit I shall join Crystal Palace's red and blue army, thus swelling their away support to 145 for league games and 51 for FA Cup games.
And 5000 and 4000 for Carling Cup games ;)

Speaking of travelling support.

Millwall had 100 at Leeds. Who then made arses of themselves asking "Where's your Gary Speed?" and "Su-i-cide"

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
I'm not surprised to be honest, majority of the Blackburn faithful want Kean out and are going to start voting with their feet untill he is sacked. Which aint going to happen under the Venkys regime, so the faithful are going have to put up or shut up about their protests for his head. Because by the sounds of things, there could be another disaster waiting to happen with their Indian Board, and that is players not getting paid in February? So having no manager and a dodgy board, could spell disastrous things for Blackburn in the coming months!

SeagullSongs

And it's all gone quiet..
Oct 10, 2011
Southampton
NSC as accurate as always.

We haven't played Derby away.

When we do, i'm willing to bet a sizeable amount that we more than double your amount up there.

I think you'll find I corrected myself later on. I heard that you only took 144 to Barnsley. Is that correct?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here