Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Old Leeds Again

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
Is it wrong to get turned on by someone elses ranting? :eek: (Ednas not Starrys before you say it! )

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I do not understand this I have stated a view which as I see it is obvious nothing anti DK or the club and I still get slagged off.

If Leeds do NOT get back up this year with ther debts they are incurring they will be f....d

If we do not get Falmer we will be f....d

Where is the problem?

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
TheWhiteRose_LUFC said:
edna krabappel.

This is because when Leeds United go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " sure how much? ".

When Brighton & HA go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " What is Brighton & HA , we have enough museums "
:lolol:

That is brilliant. Do you really think its good that you can go to the bank and have as much money as you like when your so close to being f***ed?

That attitude is precisely why very few will give a toss when you finally go tits up.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
BensGrandad said:

If Leeds do NOT get back up this year with ther debts they are incurring they will be f....d

Incorrect.

Where are you getting your financial information from?

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
brighton rock said:
leeds have snapped up a good player at a bargin price

I'm unconvinced, not sure how much room on one team there is for dodgy haircuts and ugly people ;) but still onsidering his fee is based entirely on appearances with a nominal amount already gone to palace can't really complain.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Allegedly they owe in the regions of £25m not a small amount when they have very lttle assets. I believe they have sold their training ground and either have or are selling Elland Road on a leaseback agreement.

The majority of their high value players have gone and they are left with players who if sold could never clear their debt. Getting back into the Premier at the first attemp will be of great financial benefit to them.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The slightly less than £25m is all restructured and on a payment plan. With all contingencies accounted for - we stay in Div 1 the payments stay as they are, should the unthinkable happen and we're promoted we'll have more income and payments increase, should we drop to Div 2 that is also accounted for.

Leeds' standing at the end of the season has little or no actual impact on the debt, ie they aren't going to go bust if they fail to go up which is what it seemed you were implying.

However, while the debt is maintained the current board aren't shy of helping themself to a few bob from the kitty or of selling the ground and training ground to themselves, using money they took out of the LUFC coffers. Some very dodgy dealings going on, which are more likely to ruin the club than the £25m debt (which incidentally, while on the higher end of club debt is now back on the 'normal' scale)

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Nobody has suggested that the board are helping themselves to cash etc and yes I was under the impression that their trading in the transfer market could have a direct affect on their overall profit and loss and that it was possible, only possible that they would over stretch themselves and finish up with debts that they couldnt service. I was rightly or wrongly assuming that the transfer dealings were designed to gain immediate promotion and the financial rewards attached to this.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
I know the board (well, two members) have helped themselves to money. One then used said (under an assumed business name) money to purchase assets from the club.

The money for Healy was funded entirely by a boardmember (not one previously mentioned), we also received money owed to us from Man City (Fowlers, appearance based fee) which funded the other tranfers. Up until today no money for transfers has come out of the clubs bank acct so to speak.

Leeds have an investor about to plunge £10m into Leeds Utd, expect the deal for that to be completed within the next 12 days or so. So long as our two problematic board members who have plenty to hide over their dealings at leeds don't scupper this investment.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here