Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Old Leeds Again

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
What gets on my nerves is hearing Kevin Blackwell bleating endlessly about how poor and penniless Leeds are and how terrible it is that they've lost 50 players in the last 2 seasons, while at the same time forking out £750k for David Healy, £250k for Derry etc.

FFS, get over it Leeds, the fact is you still have about 10 times more money to spend than three quarters of the other clubs in this league, so stop the pathetic whinging and making excuses for failure. You were relegated because you were one of the worst teams in the Premiership last season, even WITH many of your so called top players, so please don't come to clubs like us and tell us how hard life is.

The way they moan, you'd think they were on the verge of total implosion, struggling manfully on with a bunch of part time conference players, which couldn't be further from the truth.

Blackwell just wants to pile on the excuses, so the fans don't turn on him when they lose games. Yes, they've lost players, but so have most other clubs in the Championship and below. Listening to him or any Leeds fan moan about it is like hearing one of those
billionaire businessman's ex-wives complaining that she can't possibly live on the meagre £50k a month allowance he pays her. It might not be what you're used to but the breadline it ain't.

Dammit, they are an irritating club, no wonder every other team gloats so much when they beat them.

:angry:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Somewhere around the £25 million mark I believe, of which £10 million is described as 'unscheduled'.

None of it is 'unscheduled'. The debt currently sits just under £25m and is all on a restructured payment plan.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Oh you know how annoying it is listening to other people crapping on about their misfortune when you know their idea of poverty is being down to their last 2 Ferraris

:lolol:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
edna krabappel said:
Dammit, they are an irritating club,
:angry:

Miaux.

I am not sure I have every heard another football club described as irritating! How about rising above it and not letting them irritate you?

Last edited:

Oct 20, 2004
edna krabappel.

This is because when Leeds United go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " sure how much? ".

When Brighton & HA go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " What is Brighton & HA , we have enough museums "

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
:yawn: :yawn:

Go get on with your homework....

heard it all before....

:yawn:

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Rangdo said:
For fucks sake what is your problem? Every one of your posts is either anti-Dick Knight, or "the club have cocked up over Falmer". We understand, we know your point of view on the subject. You don't have to repeat the same f***ing thing every day. Have you ever thought of actually joining in the conversation topic of the thread as opposed to twisting everything back to your own agenda.

It is a fact of life that Leeds are putting all of their eggs into one basket and their one basket is getting back into the premiership where they will receive a lot more money.

Our demands are different.

We are putting everything and all money, deny that if you will, into one basket which in our case is obtaining a new ground at Falmer. This will then stabilise us as a club and enable us to move ague against that if you will.

The fact that I do not believe that DK is the man to take us on has nothing whatever to do with the wording of my posting on this subject. What I have said is correct two different teams two different baskets two different long term goals.

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
FFS!!! RECORD, THE, CHANGE!!!

Re-arrange the words!!!!

:censored:

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
TheWhiteRose_LUFC said:
edna krabappel.

This is because when Leeds United go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " sure how much? ".

When Brighton & HA go to the bank asking for money, the bank replies " What is Brighton & HA , we have enough museums "

Exactement.

Therefore
(1) please stop boring the rest of football with your incessant wailing about being so skint
(2) concentrate on getting your squad of overpaid Division 1 journeymen to justify their wages in front of your allegedly long-suffering (don't make me laugh) fans.

I rest my case.

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
BensGrandad said:
It is a fact of life that Leeds are putting all of their eggs into one basket and their one basket is getting back into the premiership where they will receive a lot more money.

Isn't it every teams aim to get into/get back to the Premiership?

Not sure where you plucked your fact from, but the board and manager have both come out and said this season is all about Leeds rebuilding and stabilising. Not bouncing back (which IMO could be catastrophic for LUFC as a whole)

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
edna krabappel said:

(2) concentrate on getting your squad of overpaid Division 1 journeymen to justify their wages

Do you know what the wage structure at Leeds is then?

Jul 5, 2003
Cardiff
Starry said:
None of it is 'unscheduled'. The debt currently sits just under £25m and is all on a restructured payment plan.

Apologies. I read an article a few days ago which suggested around £10 million of the current £25 million debt was 'unscheduled', but it didn't really explain what that meant other than to say the unscheduled part of the debt was in arrears.

I think our debt was bigger than yours at the last count......

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Neither know nor care, all I can assure you of is that firstly we couldn't afford any of them, and secondly they aren't going to be paying peanuts given that the likes of Healy have been signed from other Championship clubs.

Not saying that's wrong, that's just the way of the world, but it grates when we have to listen to so called bigger clubs complaining about their lot in life. West Ham aren't much different.

No more questions, yer honour!

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
The Laughing Bluebird said:
Apologies. I read an article a few days ago which suggested around £10 million of the current £25 million debt was 'unscheduled', but it didn't really explain what that meant other than to say the unscheduled part of the debt was in arrears.

I think our debt was bigger than yours at the last count......

There is a lot of conflicting info floating around about LUFC right now, I am fortunate (or should that be unfortunate!) to be friendly with someone who works very closely with a member of the board so kinda get it from the horses mouth so to speak. Though how reliable that is, lord knows since our board do seem unable to distinguish between fact and fiction of late.

Our debt is now, while on the higher end of the scale, back in line with several other football clubs debts.

Last edited:

Northstander

Oct 13, 2003
Well said Edna, this is a Brighton Board not Leeds United!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
edna krabappel said:

Not saying that's wrong, that's just the way of the world, but it grates when we have to listen to so called bigger clubs complaining about their lot in life. West Ham aren't much different.

It grates when we have to listen to the smaller clubs bleat about the gulf between big clubs and small clubs. ;)

That is entirely tongue in cheek, since I would neither call Leeds big or Brighton small, but it works both ways.

And back to what this thread was about - the deal for Derry is just about done.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Palace reject...you are doomed :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here