Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Hoskins

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Cue another round of Hoskins is amazing based on nothing. Poor tonight, along with Buckley. Disappointed he got injured again, but not suprised.

Did you spend the game in the toilet? Have no idea what you were watching.

gullside

Aug 7, 2012
Gus is saying on official site he's hoping it not to bad and that he he has a future with the club! So sounds like he may get another contract to me.

ditchy

a man with a sound track record as a source of qua
Jul 8, 2003
brighton
I don't normally disagree with you but I think you're being extremely harsh on Hoskins. Buckley yes- spot on.

We looked better with Hoskins playing than we have for a long while. Buckley to me dosent look fit

TWOCHOICEStom

Sep 22, 2007
Brighton
I f***ing KNEW this would happen. He's been absolutely on fire in Fifa for me, then gets injured vs Bolton and is out for the season. Coincidence? I think not.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
The guy seems to be cursed. Unbelievable that even after two seasons at the club I still have no real idea how good he is, though some others seem to have made up their minds one way or the other.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
We looked better with Hoskins playing than we have for a long while. ...
This was the opinion of others I spoke to aswell, seems he is destined to be a sicknote for the rest of his career.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
Really hope its only minor. A knock on the knee, at the time, can feel HORRIFIC so his reaction wouldn't be a suprise if that's what it was.

For the part he was on he was making very good runs to open space in the box and was always available. He also created two similar opportunities where he layed the ball off in the box for a midfielder to attack.

I say this about a few players, but it just smacks of a player who needs a run in the team. The quality is there certainly.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield
I genuinely think Hoskins is better suited to our game than CMS, was chuffed with the starting lineup, thought he did ok until he went off. I guess CMS will start on Saturday, but Barnes on Tuesday for me.

Gutted for Hoskins. If only he'd scored one or two of those sitters he missed against Forest, I think the doubters would have a different view. As for being "not surprised" he got injured, WTF?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
I genuinely think Hoskins is better suited to our game than CMS, was chuffed with the starting lineup, thought he did ok until he went off. I guess CMS will start on Saturday, but Barnes on Tuesday for me.

Gutted for Hoskins. If only he'd scored one or two of those sitters he missed against Forest, I think the doubters would have a different view. As for being "not surprised" he got injured, WTF?

I was gutted, but not surprised. He is prepared to get in where it hurst, unlike CMS and others.

I hope this is not the last we see of him.

Silk

May 4, 2012
Uckfield

F. My calendar is of of date. We aren't playing on Saturday.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Have to question what game you were at.

I sit in the centre of the East, the game I saw had Hoskins out wide on the left desperately trying to get involved in the centre. He held the ball up well a couple of times on the edge of the area, I think that led to the Hammond slice in the first half or possibly the one Kean nearly fell over himself on, but he made no real impact. I don't dislike him, I just think he's being serially underused and I feel great sympathy for him from a football perspective.

But his frequent moaning about the kit does grate on me. I read the whole programme every game and there have been a lot of references to the collar. Just annoys me for no particular reason.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Gus is saying on official site he's hoping it not to bad and that he he has a future with the club! So sounds like he may get another contract to me.

This - Gus said he has a future at the club (surprising) but i do hope its not a serious injury. I really like him as a player - he must have broken several mirrors and run over a dozen black cats poor bloke.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Cue another round of Hoskins is amazing based on nothing. Poor tonight, along with Buckley. Disappointed he got injured again, but not suprised.

Eh? Hoskins link up play with Ulloa for the first 20 minutes was brilliant. Incredibly strong on the ball, keeping the ball alive. Not sure what you want from him. Goals? Well maybe someone should create a chance for him, until then his relentless teamwork until he went off would have kept him up front for the next match and challenging Barnes for first spot.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Would like to see him stay beyond the summer.

Don't think he could argue with being offered a reduced wage - still likely to be as good if not better than what he would attract elsewhere after an injury hit two seasons, and he would not have to relocate etc.

Far better suited to playing in a front two with Ulloa than out on the left of a three mind.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Eh? Hoskins link up play with Ulloa for the first 20 minutes was brilliant. Incredibly strong on the ball, keeping the ball alive. Not sure what you want from him. Goals? Well maybe someone should create a chance for him, until then his relentless teamwork until he went off would have kept him up front for the next match and challenging Barnes for first spot.

Indeed, thought he was an integral part of the 20 minutes of flair :)

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
He thumped the ground in frustration before he got helped off. You could see how much being in the team meant to him. Really sad, just hope it is nothing too long term.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here