Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Poor Hoskins

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Amazing to think he played 43 games for Bristol Rovers, that season before we signed him. You would have thought if he was that injury prone, then the league 1 centre half caveman would have broke him in half.

BearwoodSeagull

Feb 2, 2012
Chalkhouse Green, Oxon
Feel gutted for him. When I saw Gus's line-up I was delighted to see him get his chance - I just think he is a better footballer than CMS. The headless chicken approach is only okay when it works - in the long run a better football brain and superior technique will win out....
So, Gus's starting line-up....I love Spanish Dave and Andi Orlandi and was surprised to see them both dropped, but I thought it worked really well before Hosko got injured..........but then Orlandi also looked class when he came on.
I really enjoyed our football last night and will be quite happy to watch that every week until we start to not only outplay teams but actually beat them too.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
I hope he makes a speedy recovery and gets another chance, however,
How have all you people decided that he is better than CMS? What has he played for us? Maybe 300 minutes of football in all the time he's been here. And the chances are, very few of you have watched all of them.

HAILSHAM SEAGULL

Nov 9, 2009
Hosky has just tweeted thanking everyone for their support, and saying they will know more tomorrow night

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think. and hope, that either way injured or not he will get another contract with us obviously depending on the extent of the injury. We gave Elphick another contract when he was injured playing for us so why not Hoskins.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Out for season with ligament damage and likely to need surgery. Not good. How unlucky has he been for us!

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
The guy seems to be cursed. Unbelievable that even after two seasons at the club I still have no real idea how good he is, though some others seem to have made up their minds one way or the other.

My thoughts entirely ... sadly I don't think either of us are going to find out any time soon

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Out for rest of season.

Loan striker brought in? Dobbie recalled on 28th Feb?

scooter1

How soon is now?
Despite GP saying he still has a future, I think that's it for Hoskins in a Brighton shirt. I'm a fan of his but I think he has been cursed by injury whilst here. With his young family settled back up north, I think in all honesty he'll be looking for a club up there once fit again

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
This exactly I'm afraid. Real shame as seems to be a real talent but maybe a bit mentally brittle. Really hope I'm wrong. All the best to him though and his family, It's been difficult in more than 1 way for him.

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
Can we recall Dobbin (pun intended) from his loan and would we even want to?

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
So unfortunate and annoying in equal measure. We've got no value for money out of him whatsoever.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here